Reload this Page >

New Girl!! Moving to the US

New Girl!! Moving to the US

Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

annamai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Girl!! Moving to the US

Hiya,

My name's Anna and I am currently living near London in the UK. In the summer I am moving over the the USA with work, and thought it might be nice to meet some people on here who might be able to answer the million questions which I know will come up as soon as I start sorting out visas, shipping etc etc. It seems a very positive and helpful website, so I thought I'd say 'Hi' and introduce myself!

Anna
Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:46 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Girl!!

Originally Posted by annamai
Hiya,

My name's Anna and I am currently living near London in the UK. In the summer I am moving over the the USA with work, and thought it might be nice to meet some people on here who might be able to answer the million questions which I know will come up as soon as I start sorting out visas, shipping etc etc. It seems a very positive and helpful website, so I thought I'd say 'Hi' and introduce myself!

Anna
Hello...Welcome to BE
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:16 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Anna
Hello and Welcome, watch out for the one they call Flirtyknickers
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:16 am
Just Joined

londontwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

Anna
hello, what part of america are you moving too?
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Anna
Hello Anna and welcome to BE.

If you click on this link it will take you directly to BE's US forums. You will then be in the main US forum...but you will also see an index at the top of the page which contains two links to the US visa forums. Post any of your visa questions in one of these two forums. Most of your other questions regarding moving or life in the US can be posted in the main US forum.

We have many members who are from the London area...so why don't you pop over there and make yourself at home. If you have any problems please contact a mod or admin...there is usually someone around 24/7.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 8th 2010 at 2:31 am.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:42 am
Ready to live

charlie96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Girl!! Moving to the US

[QUOTE=annamai;8479961]Hiya,

Hi Anna, my name is Charlie and I too am emigrating (Gibraltar) soon (May).
I joined this site as part of the prep. to facilitate a 'smooth' transfer. It is an EXCELLENT site, the expat family is just that, a family. I have ALL questions answered promtly and by the nicest people imaginable, observing etiquette not because of the code of conduct (advise read thoroughly) here, but more due to the pleasant attitude here.
I reckon most expats are a more contented lot than here, for obvious reasons!
My email/hotmail msn is [snip] if you would like to communicate more with me. I too am living near London (Harpenden, Hertfordshire) and would be pleased to hear more of your plans and work in the States.
Good luck and a warm welcome to British Expatriots!
Charlie

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 8th 2010 at 12:38 pm. Reason: please do not post your email address
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:53 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anna,

Welcome to BE.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Sue
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anna
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Anna
Hi Anna,

How are you? Did you end up moving to the US over the summer? If so how are you finding it? Be sure to check out the USA forum, it's a great way to help you find your feet as you get used to living abroad.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 2:56 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anna

Just a little message to say a belated Welcome to BE from me too.

I echo the suggestion of introducing yourself onto the US forum,where you will find lots of tips and advice to help make your move go smoothly, as well as some new friends in the area you are moving to.

Good luck with the move and enjoy the fun of our cyber community

Dread - x