Reload this Page >

New to the forum looking for dental position in UAE or Qatar

New to the forum looking for dental position in UAE or Qatar

Old Aug 3rd 2014, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Toobaab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the forum looking for dental position in UAE or Qatar

Hi,

I was just searching for jobs abroad as per title and found this forum. Seems a great place with lots of helpful people answering queries and concerns.

I am a UK qualified dentist with approximately 17 years experience looking for work in UAE or Qatar. I have a family (wife and three boys 14, 8 and 4).

I want to look at a long term position so I and my family can settle in somewhere.

Any advice on websites, agencies to try to get my foot in the door. My eldest is going into his 4th year of secondary school (Year 10 to the young ones!) so we may be looking at a definite move in 2 years time do not want to risk the upheaval for the poor guy! Unless we get an excellent opportunity.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Toobaab
Old Aug 4th 2014, 7:41 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the forum looking for dental position in UAE or Qatar

Hello Toobaab and welcome to the forum

I imagine that you have already discovered the Middle East section on here but, if you have not, you may wish to follow this link: Middle East - British Expats

I suggest you re-post in there as that's the best place to contact those in the Gulf.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 6:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

Though if you have a search, there have been a few threads on dentistry so you might get lucky.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi bakedbean and bob

Thanks for your replies. I will re post in the Middle East section see what I get from there and I will try a search.

Regards

Toobaab
Old Aug 6th 2014, 8:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 12th 2014, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary

Thank you for the very nice and informative reply. I really appreciate it. Any advice on decent websites to contact or agencies. I did try one not sure if I should mention the name but they charges registration and now keep calling me and texting me to 'assess' my CV even though I arranged for them to call yesterday evening (yes, they did not keep the appointment!).

I am not sure where else to try it seems a bit of a minefield!

Regards

Toobaab
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toobaab
Hi Rosemary

Thank you for the very nice and informative reply. I really appreciate it. Any advice on decent websites to contact or agencies. I did try one not sure if I should mention the name but they charges registration and now keep calling me and texting me to 'assess' my CV even though I arranged for them to call yesterday evening (yes, they did not keep the appointment!).

I am not sure where else to try it seems a bit of a minefield!

Regards

Toobaab
I hope that you find the answers to this from the people in the Middle East section of BE.

Rosemary
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

I think I will try to start a post there and hopefully I will get some pointers.

Thanks.

Toobaab