Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

new to expats site

new to expats site

Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

emihenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to expats site

Hello, I've been reading threads on this site for a few weeks to get some answers to visa/KOL/ILE questions. I finally registered today so I can ask my own questions now! I'm a Brit who has lived in the US for 17 years, married to an American for 11 yrs with 2 kids both born in US. Moving to UK early 2011, trying to figure out steps to make that happen.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:21 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to expats site

Hi Emihenson

Welcome to BE.

You may find the 'Moving Back to the UK' forum very helpful to you, which you can find on the main Forums Index (above tab). This is a forum for people like yourself who are coming back after living away, and is full of useful information on what you need to do. I am sure others on there can answer any questions you have in order to make the move go smoothly.

If you need any help navigating the site, please let me know and I shall do my best to help you.
Good luck with your plans. Where in the Uk are you hoping to end up ? I'm in the South of England.

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Aug 18th 2010 at 7:23 pm. Reason: spelling !
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to expats site

Originally Posted by emihenson
Hello, I've been reading threads on this site for a few weeks to get some answers to visa/KOL/ILE questions. I finally registered today so I can ask my own questions now! I'm a Brit who has lived in the US for 17 years, married to an American for 11 yrs with 2 kids both born in US. Moving to UK early 2011, trying to figure out steps to make that happen.
Hi there and welcome.

If you've lived here for so long have you become a USC yet? If not it's well worth getting it sorted out before you move...just in case you want to move back in the future.

I see you've already found your feet and have begun posting in the MBTTUK forum...good for you! Also take a read through the BE Wiki...there's lots of information in there.

If you find yourself a little lost around the forums we have a team of concierges who will point you in the right direction. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page. All concerns should be addressed to the forum's moderators...their names can be found at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Mods' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 18th 2010 at 7:33 pm.