new in dubai

Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

elliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really niceelliott64 is just really nice
Default new in dubai

46 year old married brit new to dubai, don't know anybody, would like advice on where to play golf cheaply as whilst keen haven't played for years and consequently will be scratching around in about 100 until i get my eye back in. Thanks, Elliott
Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new in dubai

Originally Posted by elliott64
46 year old married brit new to dubai, don't know anybody, would like advice on where to play golf cheaply as whilst keen haven't played for years and consequently will be scratching around in about 100 until i get my eye back in. Thanks, Elliott
Hi there Elliott...welcome to the site. How do you like Dubai? Dubai is on my to do list of places to visit. :fingerscross:

If you click here it will take you directly to our Middle East forums. I suggest you repost your questions in that forum as you will get a better response from our members that actually live in the area. We have a very lively bunch of expat members who reguarly post in the ME forums...so hopefully you'll make some new friends too.

If you find yourself a little lost navigating the many BE forums...we have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if I can be of any further help
Old Oct 8th 2010, 6:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

There's a good thread in the ME section to introduce yourself specifically to the locals, good place to start
Old Oct 8th 2010, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE!

There's a good thread in the ME section to introduce yourself specifically to the locals, good place to start
Good idea Bob.

Elliott...here's the thread Bob mentioned in his post above.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good idea Bob.

Elliott...here's the thread Bob mentioned in his post above.
blimey, that threads 2 years old now
Old Oct 10th 2010, 1:59 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elliot

I see Jerseygirl has pointed you in the direction of our Middle east forum, where I am sure you will find some good folks to offer you lots of tips and advice to help you settle in. I think the ME forum also has a meet up section which is a good way to meet your fellow expats. I am sure you will find plenty of golf buddies on the forum too.

That just leaves me to say welcome to BE, hope you have lots of fun using the site, and good luck in your new place.

Dread - x