Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New arrival to the USA

New arrival to the USA

Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Littlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to all
Thumbs up New arrival to the USA

Hi Im Jo

I have just arrived in Dover, De from the not so sunny Manchester.
Have been here just over a week with minimal belongings and two children climbing the walls - has been too hot to go out all week and now it is pouring it down!! Air shipment due Sat and ship due by end of month - hope it is all intact. Heres hoping to finding the answers to the list of things that I dont have a clue about!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New arrival

Originally Posted by Littlemisschatterbox
Hi Im Jo

Have been here just over a week with minimal belongings and two children climbing the walls - has been too hot to go out all week and now it is pouring it down!! Air shipment due Sat and ship due by end of month - hope it is all intact. Heres hoping to finding the answers to the list of things that I dont have a clue about!!
Hi Jo and welcome to our cyber community of British expats. I love your username...I've a feeling you're going to fit in here very well.

Coming from the NW myself I know what you mean about 'not so sunny Manchester'. It's certainly been very hot and sticky in the NE US this last couple of months...not to worry it the temps will soon be felow freezing.

Here is the link to our US Forums. Why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Englishtart...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New arrival

Hi Im Jo

Hi Jo
Welcome to BE. Jersey has posted the links you need to get started, just wanted to say 'hi'

If you need any help with the US forum, give me a shout out, it's not easy when you first arrive, especially if you don't have your own 'stuff' around you, keep your chin up, pretty soon everything will become familiar and you will settle in
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New arrival to the USA

Welcome to BE and good luck with your stuff
Old Aug 13th 2010, 9:34 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

yup another Hi from me.

what brings you to the US?
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:38 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Little miss chatter box

As you have already been pointed in the right direction forum wise, that just leaves me to say Welcome to BE. I hope you find all the answers you are seeking as well as some new friends in your area.

Good luck, I am sure once evrything arrives, it will feel a bit more like home.

Dread - x
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Littlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to allLittlemisschatterbox is a name known to all

Thanks for the welcome messages
Husbands job at Procter and Gamble in Dover De has brought us over, never left my home town before so big change!! Thought it was time to go for something different (and that it is!) with the chance for someone else to pick up the bill!! Should be here for about 3 years before a return to Manchester or somewhere even further away!!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Husbands job at Procter and Gamble in Dover De has brought us over, never left my home town before so big change!! Thought it was time to go for something different (and that it is!) with the chance for someone else to pick up the bill!! Should be here for about 3 years before a return to Manchester or somewhere even further away!!
We came here on a company transfer for a year or two...that was in 1996.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:59 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i was the same - my husbands company brought us over and id never even been to the US before. Love it though and now have green cards!