Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Nervous New Member - Moving to Gibraltar

Nervous New Member - Moving to Gibraltar

Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

JennyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nervous New Member - Moving to Gibraltar

Hi, not sure where to start as never done anything like this before!! I presently live in Scotland and I'm moving to Gibraltar in February 2012, house just gone on the market today which has made everything more real. Thinking of moving to Europa Point (any info on Europa would be appreciated). We have lived in Gibraltar before actually returned to Scotland 10 years ago but I believe the place has changed a lot during that time, this time our intention is not to return to Scotland. Information on Colleges and Westside Girls school would be a great help to me, I have 3 kids 16, 14 and 12 it is only the middle child who wants to move with us full-time the other two, both boys, want to stay at their present school which is a boarding school in Scotland and just have great hols in Gibraltar.
I presently work as a pre-school teacher, does anyone know of nurserys etc that might be looking for someone? Fully qualified and keen lol
Feeling particularly nervous today think it was seeing the for sale sign outside the house!
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks x
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nervous New Member

Hi there...welcome to BE.

No need to be nervous...we were all new members at one time. For some of us BE was our first introduction to forums...so you're not alone.

If you don't mind me asking...what made you move back to Gib? I am only familiar with Gib from a day trip we made several years ago when we were staying in Spain.

I think it would be best if you reposted your questions in our Spain Forums. The people who post in the Spain Forums are a friendly bunch of folk...they will help you all they can. Why don't you pop over there, take a look around and join in?

I recommend that you also take a look in the BE Wiki.

If you have problems finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges to guide you. The concierges for the Spain forums is The Oddities.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need further help. Good luck with your retirement plans.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 5th 2011 at 9:49 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nervous New Member

Hi Jenny,

Don't feel nervous, we've all been where you are now, so don't worry.

You are going to love the Spain forum, they are all great at sharing info and stuff and I know we have some members that live and/or work in Gibraltar.