Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Mum wants some 457 miracles please!

Mum wants some 457 miracles please!

Old Sep 8th 2012, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Anjali Sydney is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Mum wants some 457 miracles please!

Hello everyone

I have just joined today. I am a divorced mum who wishes with all my heart and soul to settle in Sydney where my wonderful son is now a permanent resident. I wish to make a new life there and to do that I do need the 457 visa!!

I would be really eternally grateful if anyone knows of any companies in Sydney who are interested in sponsoring me-I have had 15 years experience as an Executive Assistant in London, am bilingual in Spanish and English, and speak fluent French

I understand that Executive Assistant is not a sponsorable role persae but I am quite willing to do whatever job comes up and have also considered working in a fashion store -whatever role the 457 covers is quite fine by me.

I can hop on a plane next week but to do that it costs about £1500 per month whilst looking for work-whereas if i have a job to go to-then it is much easier on the money subsistence side etc.

If any kind person/s out there can help-please do-as this is my dream to get on that plane and go "home" to Sydney.I have visited Sydney a few years ago and felt it was my home-i still do.

I am also willing to volunteer in an office whilst looking for work etc as I believe that it is always people contact and kindness in people that get things going etc.

Thank you all for reading my post and fingers crossed for a few miracles!!

Kindest regards and God Bless

Annie (I put my username as Anjali Sydney as Anjali means "Gift" in Sanskrit and Sydney will surely be a Gift to me when I get on that plane and have a job to go to.!!)
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:16 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mum wants some 457 miracles please!

Hi Annie,

Welcome to BE.

I can't help with tips about moving to Australia as I live in the US, but we've got lots and lots of members who either live in Australia or are in the process of moving, so I'm sure you will pice up loads of info from them as people are generally great at sharing and helping each other here.

If you haven't done so already, check out our Australia forum. Read through some of the other threads and get to know everyone and post your questions in there too.

If you get stuck on anything please give me a shout.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anjali Sydney
Hello everyone

I have just joined today. I am a divorced mum who wishes with all my heart and soul to settle in Sydney where my wonderful son is now a permanent resident. I wish to make a new life there and to do that I do need the 457 visa!!

I would be really eternally grateful if anyone knows of any companies in Sydney who are interested in sponsoring me-I have had 15 years experience as an Executive Assistant in London, am bilingual in Spanish and English, and speak fluent French

I understand that Executive Assistant is not a sponsorable role persae but I am quite willing to do whatever job comes up and have also considered working in a fashion store -whatever role the 457 covers is quite fine by me.

I can hop on a plane next week but to do that it costs about £1500 per month whilst looking for work-whereas if i have a job to go to-then it is much easier on the money subsistence side etc.

If any kind person/s out there can help-please do-as this is my dream to get on that plane and go "home" to Sydney.I have visited Sydney a few years ago and felt it was my home-i still do.

I am also willing to volunteer in an office whilst looking for work etc as I believe that it is always people contact and kindness in people that get things going etc.

Thank you all for reading my post and fingers crossed for a few miracles!!

Kindest regards and God Bless

Annie (I put my username as Anjali Sydney as Anjali means "Gift" in Sanskrit and Sydney will surely be a Gift to me when I get on that plane and have a job to go to.!!)
Hi Annie,

Welcome to BE! As Sue said, check out the Australia forum for stuff about living over here, but you also need to look into the details of the 457 that you propose trying to get. The Aussie Immigration forum is the best place for that info, alongside the official DIAC website - read up in the rules surrounding the 457 here - and remember if you are hoping to settle here permanently you will need more than a 457 - that's only a temporary visa.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Anjali Sydney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue and Pollyanna

Thank you so much for your kind replies-I shall check out those things as you advised.
Kind regards

Annie