Reload this Page >

Moving to USA/Illinois

Moving to USA/Illinois

Old Jul 18th 2011, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

PaulEMontador is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to USA/Illinois

Hi
My name is Paul,, I work professionally as The Celtic Seer, a Professional Psychic I met the most wonderful person two years ago and am now looking at Moving to USA to be with her.
Any help and advice on pitfalls and hold ups to this would be helpful.
I'm also looking to ship my property, a load of goods already boxed up, Do I need to List every item, What is the best company to use, what are time constraints, and what documentation do I actually need to go about doing this!!
Thank you so much for any help you can give
Paul E Montador
The Celtic Seer
Old Jul 18th 2011, 12:45 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to USA/Illinois

Hi Paul and welcome to B.E.

Just a quick welcome for you.

Should you need it, a list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

The USA forum and its sub fora are here.

Sorry I can't resist...but then you'd know all that anyway. Wouldn't you?

Alistair.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

H Alistair
Ha Yes I probably should after looking around a bit!
Thank you for the welcome
I look forward to exploring more!!
Many Blessings
Paul
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Celtic Seer
Hi
My name is Paul,, I work professionally as The Celtic Seer, a Professional Psychic I met the most wonderful person two years ago and am now looking at Moving to USA to be with her.
Any help and advice on pitfalls and hold ups to this would be helpful.
I'm also looking to ship my property, a load of goods already boxed up, Do I need to List every item, What is the best company to use, what are time constraints, and what documentation do I actually need to go about doing this!!
Thank you so much for any help you can give
Paul E Montador
The Celtic Seer
Hello Paul...welcome to the site.

First of all have you got your visa sorted? If not we have an excellent US Marriage Based Visa forum...our members who post in that forum will help guide you through the process.

There's loads of info about moving to the US in the BE Wiki. It is helpful if you could spare a few moments to read through the stickied threads that are posted at the top of each forum's index page.

It would be best if you repost your questions about moving in the US Forums...you will get a better response in that forum.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please shout out if your require any further help.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello Paul...welcome to the site.

First of all have you got your visa sorted? If not we have an excellent US Marriage Based Visa forum...our members who post in that forum will help guide you through the process.

There's loads of info about moving to the US in the BE Wiki. It is helpful if you could spare a few moments to read through the stickied threads that are posted at the top of each forum's index page.

It would be best if you repost your questions about moving in the US Forums...you will get a better response in that forum.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please shout out if your require any further help.
Thanks
Jersey Girl
really appreciate the help!!
I'll be sure and repost it in the US Threads
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

JG already pointed out all the forums...but there have been quite a few threads on shipping goods that are worth searching out, but a lot of it depends on what kind of stuff you're planning on bringing.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE and good luck!

JG already pointed out all the forums...but there have been quite a few threads on shipping goods that are worth searching out, but a lot of it depends on what kind of stuff you're planning on bringing.
Its just personal stuff, All preboxed, different sizes and weights I'm afraid, the only large piece of furniture is my double bed but its broken down into pieces except the mattress as can't break that down yet
And a small corner Cabinet, Cedar wood about 18 inch across and 2.5ft high and 8 inch deep
So nothing much really
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Celtic Seer
Its just personal stuff, All preboxed, different sizes and weights I'm afraid, the only large piece of furniture is my double bed but its broken down into pieces except the mattress as can't break that down yet
And a small corner Cabinet, Cedar wood about 18 inch across and 2.5ft high and 8 inch deep
So nothing much really
Search out the post by Ozzidoc, it's probably even in the wiki, on using a courier type service then
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Search out the post by Ozzidoc, it's probably even in the wiki, on using a courier type service then
This is the thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629133
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
thanks