Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Murcia

Moving to Murcia

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Blueskies24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Murcia

Hi All, we are just begining to look into moving to Murcia with our 11year old son. We are all keen golfers, tennis players so are thinking a villa on Mar Menor would suit us. We hear there is a good international school at La Torre. Our main concerns are about our son. Will there be enough for him to do there? We want him to live where there are children of of a similar age. We hear that as the Mar Menor is the most established it has a good pool of residents. However we don't know if there will be any families there, if it is all retirees then it might not be much fun for him. In the long term, we feel it will be great for us, so wanted to settle in a place which we would stay for as long as we are above ground! We will not work as we will take early retirement so we will have an income. My husband is a competent Spanish speaker, my son and I are not but will learn.We are due to visit the area mid October but can only manage a few days to look at the area and properties. We expect to make more visits in the future to help our decision making process but it would be great to have any advice from anyone who has made a similar move. Sorry this post is very long!

Last edited by Blueskies24; Oct 2nd 2014 at 6:26 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 6:56 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Murcia

HI and welcome to BE.

have a chat with the guys over in the Spanish forum Spain - British Expats
who would be best to guide you
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Blueskies24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Murcia

Hi,
Thanks for your advice, I have reposted as you recommended. Regards,