Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Italy......I think

Moving to Italy......I think

Old Feb 24th 2012, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

misterhyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Italy......I think

Hello to everyone. As the title says I am hoping to move to Rimini in Italy some time in the near future. Slightly worried at the high cost of living and the need to get a job, no pretense about what I do however, and a part time or seasonal position would suffice.
I've done it before and will do it again, it just gets harder with age.
Encouragement desperately needed.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 1:11 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Italy......I think

Hi Misterhyde

Welcome to BE. You have certainly come to the right forum me thinks.

I recommend you check out our Italy forum, where you can chat to other expats who are living and working in Rimini and surrounding areas - I'm sure they will be only to happy to help with advice and tips, and a bit of reassurance too.
You can find the Italy forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left o this page. Scroll down the list of countries until you get to Europe, double click on Italy below that and you're in. Just say hi and explain your plans and the rest will follow

All the very best with your plans - it's certainly a beautiful part of Italy...

Dread - x
Old Feb 25th 2012, 1:21 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misterhyde
Yeh go for it Life is too short. If you don't try something, you will regret forever (well just my view anyhow).

Do check out the Italy forum and post some questions on there. Lots of folks to help you out on there. All the best.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Thank you both for the swift reply. As already mentioned I have done it before and regret ever returning to the UK. I will post a hello to the Italian section and hope for some help. My Italian is closer to fluent than pigeon so that is an advantage, grammar is always a bugger in Latin based countries however.
Thanks once again for the hospitality.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:05 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for the swift reply. As already mentioned I have done it before and regret ever returning to the UK. I will post a hello to the Italian section and hope for some help. My Italian is closer to fluent than pigeon so that is an advantage, grammar is always a bugger in Latin based countries however.
Hello,

do come and join us in the Italian part of British Expats.
You'll find a whole lot of friendly people there chatting (and sometimes moaning) about all things Italian.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:23 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you have kind of answered your own dilemma there Misterhyde - life is way too short for regrets - so I say go for it !

Dread - x
Old Feb 25th 2012, 3:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to everyone. As the title says I am hoping to move to Rimini in Italy some time in the near future. Slightly worried at the high cost of living and the need to get a job, no pretense about what I do however, and a part time or seasonal position would suffice.
I've done it before and will do it again, it just gets harder with age.
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 25th 2012, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

Thank you Rosemary, I will certainly explore all the angles.
Excuse the ignorance, what is BE Wiki? I'm a bit old fashioned I'm afraid and not very good with computers. Could you please explain more.

Last edited by misterhyde; Feb 25th 2012 at 7:17 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rosemary, I will certainly explore all the angles.
Excuse the ignorance, what is BE Wiki? I'm a bit old fashioned I'm afraid and not very good with computers. Could you please explain more.
Look at the tabs at the top of the screen and Wiki is 2 tabs to the right of Discussion Forum.

Rosemary