Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Guernsey, help with CSA?

Moving to Guernsey, help with CSA?

Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

alli100red is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Guernsey, help with CSA?

Hello, can anyone help me please? Does the CSA have jurisdiction in Guernsey?
Thank you.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:34 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Guernsey, help with CSA?

Hi,

Welcome to BE

According to this page there is a Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders with Guernsey.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

alli100red is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue,
Thank you for your speedy reply. I have also just read this on the CSA website:

'Jurisdiction of the CSA
The Child Support Agency only has jurisdiction in the UK, in other words England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. However, it does not include the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.'

So reading that I am now a little confused!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:55 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alli100red
Hi Sue,
Thank you for your speedy reply. I have also just read this on the CSA website:

'Jurisdiction of the CSA
The Child Support Agency only has jurisdiction in the UK, in other words England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. However, it does not include the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.'

So reading that I am now a little confused!
It does look a bit confusing but as I understood that page it seems if there is a court ordered maintenance agreement made in the UK mainland, that it can be enforced in Guernsey, and vice versa.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alli100red
Hello, can anyone help me please? Does the CSA have jurisdiction in Guernsey?
Thank you.
Hi...I just wanted to welcome you to BE. I hope you stick around and join in the banter.