On the move

Old Nov 16th 2018, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Starwash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On the move

I plan to visit Portugal next week to look for rental property and start NHR process, which I am advised needs to be undertaken by a lawyer. Is that correct? I have not yet decided on area but preferably south. Any advice welcome.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the move

Welcome to BE and thank you for stopping at the Welcome Inn to introduce yourself.

This is not the place for questions and answers so I'm going to direct you to the Portugal forum where our members who are residing there can assist you with your house rental.

We ask that you have a read of our site rules which I have also linked below.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/

Good luck with your rental.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Starwash Your post doesn't seem to have made it to the Portugal site ( what happened there Rete? )
Ugh you have chosen a rotten week to visit us.. The forecast is for the continuation of the torrential rain that is pouring down today. We desperately need it as our reservoirs are still only half full after a long hot summer. That being said .If you like the Algarve in the rain you will love it in the Sunshine. The NHR process does need to be done through official channels. You will however learn all about it from any Estate Agent you use ,or you could join/ consult the excellent AFPOP organisation for up to date info on all things Ex-Pat. An official organisation the only one recognised by the Portuguese government. They are based in Portimao ( near Bombeiros ( fire station ) tel 00351 282458 509
Old Nov 18th 2018, 10:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Sorry Starwash Your post doesn't seem to have made it to the Portugal site ( what happened there Rete? )
The OP was provided with a link to the Portugal forum, where they're welcome to post questions and receive answers.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Starwash is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for your replies.

To GeniB: Having spent many years in Cornwall, rain is not a problem though warm rain is preferable to cold. I spoke with a lawyer this morning to confirm that NHR status here is suitable for me. The next stage is to find a rental property. I need something cheap until I can dispose of or find a tenant for my house in Spain. He tells me it should be a contract for six months, though at this stage all I need is an address. Anywhere in Portugal would do to begin since I don’t yet know the different regions of the country. Perhaps a winter let somewhere if anyone out there has contacts. I am in Tavira for a few days.

To spouse of spouse: Western Australia, love it. I enjoyed Perth but not traveling in the bush (flies). I have a son in Sydney and a daughter in Victoria.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 4:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Ugh you have chosen a rotten week to visit us.. The forecast is for the continuation of the torrential rain that is pouring down today. We desperately need it as our reservoirs are still only half full after a long hot summer. That being said .If you like the Algarve in the rain you will love it in the Sunshine. The NHR process does need to be done through official channels. You will however learn all about it from any Estate Agent you use ,or you could join/ consult the excellent AFPOP organisation for up to date info on all things Ex-Pat. An official organisation the only one recognised by the Portuguese government. They are based in Portimao ( near Bombeiros ( fire station ) tel 00351 282458 509
Rete posted the link to the Portugal forum for the OP to follow and open a new thread.

Starwash...welcome to BE.

Our lovely Concierge Rete has posted the link to our Portugal forum. This forum is purely to ‘meet and greet’ new members to BE. You will get more replies, from people living/or have lived in Portugal if you open a new thread in that forum. Thank you.