Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking for some sun

Looking for some sun

Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:06 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 11
justlookingforsomesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for some sun

I have just joined today, I have got an smartphone and am unable to put it down.

I am lost lost lost, but hopefully find my way about.

Could someone tell me how to ask a question of my own without having to tag onto somebody else's posts?

I am based in UK and Spain?

Help would be appreciated, but please bear in mind that I am New to all this.

Pretty please and thank you
justlookingforsomesun is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:23 am
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 29,919
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to site

Originally Posted by justlookingforsomesun
I have just joined today, I have got an smartphone and am unable to put it down.

I am lost lost lost, but hopefully find my way about.

Could someone tell me how to ask a question of my own without having to tag onto somebody else's posts?

I am based in UK and Spain?

Help would be appreciated, but please bear in mind that I am New to all this.

Pretty please and thank you
Hi and welcome. At the top and bottom of each forum, you should be able to find a new thread button which will create a new thread in the forum you are viewing.

To find smileys, you can use the quote function (bottom right of a post) and it will show the most used ones with a link to more - or you can type them : ) together gives ; ) = etc
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:36 am
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 11
justlookingforsomesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to site

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi and welcome. At the top and bottom of each forum, you should be able to find a new thread button which will create a new thread in the forum you are viewing.

To find smileys, you can use the quote function (bottom right of a post) and it will show the most used ones with a link to more - or you can type them : ) together gives ; ) = etc
Thank you, I have found it.
justlookingforsomesun is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:14 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,051
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Hi...welcome to BE.

I have moved your posts into a separate thread...that way it gives us a better chance to say hello and welcome you to BE.

Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:30 pm
  #5  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some sun

SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:51 pm
  #6  
...............
 
bakedbean's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Far North Queensland
Posts: 17,625
bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Welcome to the forum
bakedbean is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:34 pm
  #7  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 11
justlookingforsomesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Thank you bakedbean.

In answer to Jersey girl, thank you, but you may regret your offer of help with the practical stuff. Ha ha

I have had a look around, ans some of the things I found before have been hidden away by a forum gremlin, either that or I am not doing it right.

I'll get there in the end.
justlookingforsomesun is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:42 pm
  #8  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,051
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Originally Posted by justlookingforsomesun
Thank you bakedbean.

In answer to Jersey girl, thank you, but you may regret your offer of help with the practical stuff. Ha ha

I have had a look around, ans some of the things I found before have been hidden away by a forum gremlin, either that or I am not doing it right.

I'll get there in the end.
What forum/s are you looking for?
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:49 pm
  #9  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 11
justlookingforsomesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What forum/s are you looking for?
I am not really looking for any particular forum, but as I am in Spain that is of more interest to me.

It is more the set-up that I am trying to get my head around.

I have 'mouse envy' of your little dancing mouse and wonder if you have that privilege because you are a mod, or if anyone can have something similar?

I wouldn't have a clue how to put an icon there, but found some options, which now seem to have gone awol.

I also need to know if it possible to do things from a smartphone as opposed to a computer.
justlookingforsomesun is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2014, 2:14 pm
  #10  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,051
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Originally Posted by justlookingforsomesun
I am not really looking for any particular forum, but as I am in Spain that is of more interest to me.

It is more the set-up that I am trying to get my head around.

I have 'mouse envy' of your little dancing mouse and wonder if you have that privilege because you are a mod, or if anyone can have something similar?

I wouldn't have a clue how to put an icon there, but found some options, which now seem to have gone awol.

I also need to know if it possible to do things from a smartphone as opposed to a computer.
The link to our Spain forums is below.

Only premium member can have a animated a avatar...for that there is a small annual fee.

You should be able to use your smart phone to browse BE. However I find I can't do some things using my iPhone or iPad...maybe that's just me though.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Jerseygirl is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.