Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking for some sun

Looking for some sun

Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:06 am
Banned

justlookingforsomesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for some sun

I have just joined today, I have got an smartphone and am unable to put it down.

I am lost lost lost, but hopefully find my way about.

Could someone tell me how to ask a question of my own without having to tag onto somebody else's posts?

I am based in UK and Spain?

Help would be appreciated, but please bear in mind that I am New to all this.

Pretty please and thank you
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to site

Originally Posted by justlookingforsomesun
I have just joined today, I have got an smartphone and am unable to put it down.

I am lost lost lost, but hopefully find my way about.

Could someone tell me how to ask a question of my own without having to tag onto somebody else's posts?

I am based in UK and Spain?

Help would be appreciated, but please bear in mind that I am New to all this.

Pretty please and thank you
Hi and welcome. At the top and bottom of each forum, you should be able to find a new thread button which will create a new thread in the forum you are viewing.

To find smileys, you can use the quote function (bottom right of a post) and it will show the most used ones with a link to more - or you can type them : ) together gives ; ) = etc
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:36 am
Banned

Default Re: New to site

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi and welcome. At the top and bottom of each forum, you should be able to find a new thread button which will create a new thread in the forum you are viewing.

To find smileys, you can use the quote function (bottom right of a post) and it will show the most used ones with a link to more - or you can type them : ) together gives ; ) = etc
Thank you, I have found it.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some sun

Hi...welcome to BE.

I have moved your posts into a separate thread...that way it gives us a better chance to say hello and welcome you to BE.

Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:51 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:34 pm
Banned

Thank you bakedbean.

In answer to Jersey girl, thank you, but you may regret your offer of help with the practical stuff. Ha ha

I have had a look around, ans some of the things I found before have been hidden away by a forum gremlin, either that or I am not doing it right.

I'll get there in the end.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you bakedbean.

In answer to Jersey girl, thank you, but you may regret your offer of help with the practical stuff. Ha ha

I have had a look around, ans some of the things I found before have been hidden away by a forum gremlin, either that or I am not doing it right.

I'll get there in the end.
What forum/s are you looking for?
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What forum/s are you looking for?
I am not really looking for any particular forum, but as I am in Spain that is of more interest to me.

It is more the set-up that I am trying to get my head around.

I have 'mouse envy' of your little dancing mouse and wonder if you have that privilege because you are a mod, or if anyone can have something similar?

I wouldn't have a clue how to put an icon there, but found some options, which now seem to have gone awol.

I also need to know if it possible to do things from a smartphone as opposed to a computer.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 2:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am not really looking for any particular forum, but as I am in Spain that is of more interest to me.

It is more the set-up that I am trying to get my head around.

I have 'mouse envy' of your little dancing mouse and wonder if you have that privilege because you are a mod, or if anyone can have something similar?

I wouldn't have a clue how to put an icon there, but found some options, which now seem to have gone awol.

I also need to know if it possible to do things from a smartphone as opposed to a computer.
The link to our Spain forums is below.

Only premium member can have a animated a avatar...for that there is a small annual fee.

You should be able to use your smart phone to browse BE. However I find I can't do some things using my iPhone or iPad...maybe that's just me though.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75