Reload this Page >

looking for help - Hoping to move to Nova Scotia, Canada

looking for help - Hoping to move to Nova Scotia, Canada

Old Jun 14th 2011, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

macg2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for help - Hoping to move to Nova Scotia, Canada

hi,

my name is iain and i am currently in the process of moving to Nova Scotia, Canada via the cis stream along with my wife, two children, two huskies and two cats.

We are currently enduring the long wait while our application is being processed at the federal stage, so far we have managed to get this far off our own backs with little or no help and with out being fleeced for vast amounts of money although i did waste $150 on an consultant who said we would not get past provincial stage "wrong"!!!

well as we are in the long wait process now i thought i would take the time to start to network as i have a couple of friends in Nova Scotia but we will still be pretty much on our own and there is so much to find out and learn so some helpfull contacts would not go a miss; i did join a relocation group but we wont go there!!!

so there you have it hopefully soon to be an ex pat in a country we so long to be in and looking for all the help we can get; so if any one would be so kind to help and advise us it sure would be appreciated.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 9:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for help

Originally Posted by macg2003
hi,

my name is iain and i am currently in the process of moving to Nova Scotia, Canada via the cis stream along with my wife, two children, two huskies and two cats.

We are currently enduring the long wait while our application is being processed at the federal stage, so far we have managed to get this far off our own backs with little or no help and with out being fleeced for vast amounts of money although i did waste $150 on an consultant who said we would not get past provincial stage "wrong"!!!

well as we are in the long wait process now i thought i would take the time to start to network as i have a couple of friends in Nova Scotia but we will still be pretty much on our own and there is so much to find out and learn so some helpfull contacts would not go a miss; i did join a relocation group but we wont go there!!!

so there you have it hopefully soon to be an ex pat in a country we so long to be in and looking for all the help we can get; so if any one would be so kind to help and advise us it sure would be appreciated.
Hi there...welcome aboard.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough journey in your quest to move to Canada...but you've found us now...so hopefully we can help you out with a few things.

I'll give you a few links to help you to find your way around the forums. If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. I see you've already posted in our excellent Immigration forum. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please do not hesitate to shout out if you need help with anything...there's usually someone around to lend a helping hand.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for help - Hoping to move to Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi Iain,

Welcome to BE. I see you've made your way to our Canada forum and I'm sure you will pick up lots and tips and make lots of friends here.

Migration surely is an expensive business that's very true, so I feel your pain. I'm sure that once you've made the move it will be all worth it. What made you choose NS?

Sue
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

macg2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Iain,

Welcome to BE. I see you've made your way to our Canada forum and I'm sure you will pick up lots and tips and make lots of friends here.

Migration surely is an expensive business that's very true, so I feel your pain. I'm sure that once you've made the move it will be all worth it. What made you choose NS?

Sue
hi,

thanks for the replies, nice to know that there are people who are willing and able to help us in our dream.
Why N.S well we spent 14 days touring Ontario and found it toooo big for us and too cosmopolitan(not that is a bad thing just not for us) we have friends In NS and they suggested we take a look, so after a visit to an emigrate show we went, we saw and we fell in love with the place, i guess as it's not huge nad had more of the community feel to it that made us decide on making our home there, that nad they operate the CIS programme and the RDA there where fab. we liked it so much we flew back out 5 months later for another stay which only re affirmed that we wanted to meove there. so we are now waiting for our instructions to attend medicals which is driving me a bit mad
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Cinoche is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi there...welcome aboard.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough journey in your quest to move to Canada...but you've found us now...so hopefully we can help you out with a few things.

I'll give you a few links to help you to find your way around the forums. If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. I see you've already posted in our excellent Immigration forum. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please do not hesitate to shout out if you need help with anything...there's usually someone around to lend a helping hand.
Wow, such a detailed and informative response! Kudos.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cinoche
Wow, such a detailed and informative response! Kudos.
Thank you.

Why don't you open a new thread and introduce yourself?