Reload this Page >

London -> Central Coast NSW

London -> Central Coast NSW

Old Feb 18th 2024, 8:26 am
Just Joined

DB2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up London -> Central Coast NSW

Hi all

Thought I'd pop by and say welcome since I expect to be around here for a while, whilst we sort ourselves out.

I'm in my 40s and we've been married for about 5 years, together for over 8 after she came over for a year or two with her job. I have a child through previous, who is turning 18 soon and hopefully off to Uni. I see him every week and he stays with us. We also have a toddler. She is a UK citizen and we bought a house here so we're well established.
I've applied for the spousal 309 which other than the time, I am assuming will be fine.

I applied as an option because it takes so long and I am not sure where we will be in the time it might take to approve. Still very attached to my eldest but I am about to see him a lot less from September and he will change very quickly. I really don't want to leave him before he's a bit more capable. He won't move with us as his mother would murder me for sure. Me n wife talked about it not having to be a forever move - she's sure that if we do it I will be happy to stay and she might be right but its nice to have the safety net - its hard to know for sure how I will feel RE my eldest by then. I am sure saying goodbye will never be easier no matter the age so whilst Im scared of it all I am also very excited at the prospect of living in another country - especially one that will be such an easy transition from the UK in many ways.
Anyway, let's see - lots to look forward to like houses by the beach and more family support. Lots to miss like friends and football. Be very interested to see what kind of job I can get too - currently working in UK government as a deputy director managing a bit over 200 people delivering technology solutions on hybrid in the office 2-3 days a week.

So.. good to meet you all. I'll be trawling the forums for tips and info - already seen a bunch on pensions which I hadn't even got around to thinking about quite yet! Minefield.

thanks
David
Old Feb 19th 2024, 3:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London -> Central Coast NSW

Originally Posted by DB2k
Hi all

Thought I'd pop by and say welcome since I expect to be around here for a while, whilst we sort ourselves out.

I'm in my 40s and we've been married for about 5 years, together for over 8 after she came over for a year or two with her job. I have a child through previous, who is turning 18 soon and hopefully off to Uni. I see him every week and he stays with us. We also have a toddler. She is a UK citizen and we bought a house here so we're well established.
I've applied for the spousal 309 which other than the time, I am assuming will be fine.

I applied as an option because it takes so long and I am not sure where we will be in the time it might take to approve. Still very attached to my eldest but I am about to see him a lot less from September and he will change very quickly. I really don't want to leave him before he's a bit more capable. He won't move with us as his mother would murder me for sure. Me n wife talked about it not having to be a forever move - she's sure that if we do it I will be happy to stay and she might be right but its nice to have the safety net - its hard to know for sure how I will feel RE my eldest by then. I am sure saying goodbye will never be easier no matter the age so whilst Im scared of it all I am also very excited at the prospect of living in another country - especially one that will be such an easy transition from the UK in many ways.
Anyway, let's see - lots to look forward to like houses by the beach and more family support. Lots to miss like friends and football. Be very interested to see what kind of job I can get too - currently working in UK government as a deputy director managing a bit over 200 people delivering technology solutions on hybrid in the office 2-3 days a week.

So.. good to meet you all. I'll be trawling the forums for tips and info - already seen a bunch on pensions which I hadn't even got around to thinking about quite yet! Minefield.

thanks
David
Welcome to BE
Be prepared for it to come through quicker than expected - some #)(/100s are being granted very quickly these days for applicants from the UK.
Also you should get a 100 straight away (Permanent Residence) as you have been together long enough to skip the 309 stage..
Old Feb 19th 2024, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

DB2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!

oh. thanks for this! Kinda assumed it would be faster than the quoted. But good to have that confirmed. I think once I get it I just need to set foot on Aus soil to ratify it? In which case I might be spending Christmas with the in-laws!
Old Feb 20th 2024, 12:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DB2k
Thank you!

oh. thanks for this! Kinda assumed it would be faster than the quoted. But good to have that confirmed. I think once I get it I just need to set foot on Aus soil to ratify it? In which case I might be spending Christmas with the in-laws!
Yes, your visa grant notice will have a "must enter By XXX" date on it, usually within 12 months. You just need to visit Australia before that date to validate it.