British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Living in Moscow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/living-moscow-679522/)

phawley Aug 3rd 2010 5:54 am

Living in Moscow

Hi, I am an expat who has been living in Moscow which hasa thriving expat community so I have only just discovered this site.

I moved there witht he wife's job and not able to work officially so I am studying a bit, travelling a bit......Any advice about working remotely would be appreciated (I am an IT professional - mostly solution design and implementation, but happy doing support). Also how do other expats cope with being the 'trailing spouse'?

Sherlock Holmes Aug 3rd 2010 6:34 am

Re: Living in Moscow

Hi Fawley and welcome to B.E. :)

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site. You can contact me here. here.

I might suggest that you repost your thread in the Rest of the World forum here

Also, if you go to the search function, selcect advanced search, type in russia and select thread titles only, you may find some information and contacts.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.

Jerseygirl Aug 3rd 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by phawley (Post 8748678)
Hi, I am an expat who has been living in Moscow which hasa thriving expat community so I have only just discovered this site.

I moved there witht he wife's job and not able to work officially so I am studying a bit, travelling a bit......Any advice about working remotely would be appreciated (I am an IT professional - mostly solution design and implementation, but happy doing support). Also how do other expats cope with being the 'trailing spouse'?

Welcome to BE.

Our concierge alistairboyle has given you the link to the Rest Of The World Forum. We have several forums which are not country specific...so please take a look around our many forums. Should you need any assistance finding your way around BE's forums one of our Concierge Team will be pleased help you. As their name suggests they will act as your tour guides around our many forums. You can find a list of our concierge's at the bottom right hand side of this forum's index page...their names are printed in standard font.

Most forums have sticky threads or announcements posted at the top of the index page...please take a few moments to read through these.

Any concerns or problems should be addressed to a moderator. There is at least one moderator assigned to each forum...their names can be found at the bottom right hand side of the forum's index page. Mods' names are written in bold print and concierges' names are in standard font.

Please let me know if you require any help.

dreadsoc Aug 4th 2010 1:07 am

Hi Phawley

Welcome to BE.
I see my colleagues have pointed you in the right direction forum wise. I am sure by joining in on the Rest of the World forum you will find lots of people in a similar position to yourself.
The main thing is don't be afraid, jump in and get posting.

Dread - x

willmore Aug 5th 2010 12:01 am

How do you enjoy living in moscow?