Reload this Page >

LIVING IN FRANCE

LIVING IN FRANCE

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

teecee320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIVING IN FRANCE

Hi all
the present wife and I are looking to move to France ] soon so I have joined the forum to try and find out all the small things that only people who have done it will know !
We have been coming to France for the past 20 years and have many friends that we see as often as we can and we have always felt at home so the choice to move to move was easy
So if any of you seasoned ex pats have any advice for us please let me know
thanks in advance
tony
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIVING IN FRANCE

Hi there...welcome to BE.

We have a couple of excellent forums covering France. I recommend you take a look around those forums and post questions about moving to France there. Many of the regulars have made the move from the UK to France...I'm sure they will help you. Good luck.

France - British Expats
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:28 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teecee320
Hi all
the present wife and I are looking to move to France ] soon so I have joined the forum to try and find out all the small things that only people who have done it will know !
We have been coming to France for the past 20 years and have many friends that we see as often as we can and we have always felt at home so the choice to move to move was easy
So if any of you seasoned ex pats have any advice for us please let me know
thanks in advance
tony
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
As suggested, post again on the France forum, giving us more info on yourselves: Retired? early retirees? seeking work? Moving permanently into your holiday home or renting?
Your healthcare insurance (which is compulsory in France) will depend on your retiree/"inactive"/employment status.
Whereabouts will you be heading to? Nearby members can give local info, otherwise the rest of us can advise on most aspects of living in France all year long (which isn't the same as coming on holiday....).
Look forward to seeing you soon on the France forum!
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 11:21 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
Old Apr 24th 2016, 1:18 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
Old Apr 24th 2016, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi there...welcome to BE.

We have a couple of excellent forums covering France. I recommend you take a look around those forums and post questions about moving to France there. Many of the regulars have made the move from the UK to France...I'm sure they will help you. Good luck.

France - British Expats
Hi thanks for the reply I have taken your advice and had a look at some of the posts and as you say they are very helpful
I now have the task of telling my present wife what I have found out which I will do when she is in a good mood ( around july time !! )
Thanks again
tony

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 25th 2016 at 12:37 am. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:58 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teecee320
Hi thanks for the reply I have taken your advice and had a look at some of the posts and as you say they are very helpful
I now have the task of telling my present wife what I have found out which I will do when she is in a good mood ( around july time !! )
Thanks again
tony
Wife wont be the biggest issue but the inlaws or parents will be a whole different kettle of fish mind...
Old Apr 24th 2016, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

that's true had not thought of that !!