Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Just moved from UK to San Antonio, Texas

Just moved from UK to San Antonio, Texas

Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Glitter Fairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Just moved from UK to San Antonio, Texas

I just wanted to say hi as I'm a total newbie to all this. Very grateful that this site exists and hopefully it will help with some of my questions and of course if I can help anyone else even better, I've been through that horrible visa process!!!

Recently relocated from the UK to San Antonio, Texas. BIG change, but my hubby is a US citizen so that helps a little, he started back at work today so I thought I'd look for something useful and I found this site. So yeah hi all, looking forward to it
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved from UK to San Antonio, Texas

Originally Posted by Glitter Fairy
I just wanted to say hi as I'm a total newbie to all this. Very grateful that this site exists and hopefully it will help with some of my questions and of course if I can help anyone else even better, I've been through that horrible visa process!!!

Recently relocated from the UK to San Antonio, Texas. BIG change, but my hubby is a US citizen so that helps a little, he started back at work today so I thought I'd look for something useful and I found this site. So yeah hi all, looking forward to it
Hi there...welcome to BE.

I see you have already found your way into the US forums. I think you'll love taking part in our US forums...we have quite a number of members living in the Lone Star state.

If you have any problems please give me, Sue (Admin) or any of the mods a shout.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the welcome, hope to find lots of help on here and maybe even some local Brits to help me on my way

Taryn
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the welcome, hope to find lots of help on here and maybe even some local Brits to help me on my way

Taryn
Sorry if I confused you...my name isn't Sue...most people call me JG. Sue is the boss.

I'm not sure how many of our people live in SA...most seem to head for Houston. Being able to log onto BE for a daily Brit fix is a life saver to most of us...especially when you're feeling such a long way from home.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:29 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Taryn

Welcome to BE from me too.
I see you have already found the USA forum, which is the ideal place to get to know some other Brits living in your neighbourhood - and there are plenty of expats in Texas so you should find yourself in good company there.

That just leaves me to wish you all the very best in your new home and I hope you enjoy our forum

Dread - x
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

KatieH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we too have just moved to San Antonio from the UK. We have been here since Jan but still finding our feet too!!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Well hi,

Where have you moved from in the UK? I'm originally from Kent but been in Suffolk for the past couple of years.

I think the hardest thing I'm finding about this place is the food! Everything is processed!

What brings you here? My husband is in the Airforce so that's why we're here.

Taryn
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:33 pm

RL289 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KatieH

We've been here just over a year and made it through the first summer :-)

How are you liking it so far?

Lynn
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:16 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katie

Just wanted to say welcome to BE.
Please do check out the USA forum and chat with other expats in your new neighbourhood - it's a great way to make friends

Dread - x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

KatieH is an unknown quantity at this point

Well hi,

Where have you moved from in the UK? I'm originally from Kent but been in Suffolk for the past couple of years.

I think the hardest thing I'm finding about this place is the food! Everything is processed!

What brings you here? My husband is in the Airforce so that's why we're here.

Taryn
struggling to get my head round the whole replying process etc! So think I have missed out on replying at the right time! My husbands work brought us here. What part of SA are you in?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 4:30 pm

Hi Katie

I take it you're having a little trouble navigating the site - don't worry I was exactly the same when I started - it took a while to get the hang of this replying thing too.
To reply to a specific post there is a little blue box entitled 'quote' on the bottom right corner of every post. If you want to reply to a particular post, click on that and it will show the quote in a box and then you just write what you want underneath. That way it doesn't matter when you reply because everyone will know what you are responding to.
If you want to post anything which is not particularly replying to something press the 'new reply' blus tab on the bottom left of the screen - you then get a blank box to write whatever you want.

Don't worry a little practice and you will soon be doing just fine.

Hope you're settling in over there now.

All the best and happy posting

Dread - x
Old Mar 27th 2012, 2:29 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Houston, but San Antonio is going to be getting very busy with oily expats with the Eagle Ford getting into full swing - the place is going to get very busy.

We can highly recommend a trip to Natural Bridge Caverns - it was ace!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Rachaelsmith30 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there me and my family are researching a move to Orlando with our children we are finding it very confusing at the moment as you are from the uk any information you have would be excellent my husband has a us citizenship, Rachael
Old Mar 29th 2012, 9:57 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachaelsmith30
hi there me and my family are researching a move to Orlando with our children we are finding it very confusing at the moment as you are from the uk any information you have would be excellent my husband has a us citizenship, Rachael
Hi Rachael and welcome to BE
If you post your questions over in the US immigration forum, you'll get a response from the helpful folks over there:
General immigration
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Marriage based:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.