Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Journey to Alberta

Journey to Alberta

Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Andy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really nice
Default Journey to Alberta - Jobs/Agency advise

Hello
My wife, 2 children (8yrs + 5yrs) and I are just starting our application journey to get to Alberta, Canada. We currently live in the Bromborough, Merseyside and have decided, after much research, to go for it.

My wife works in Accounts and I work in Materials and Operations Planning, we have searched many recruitment sites and it appears that there is work of this nature available in the Edmonton/Calgary area, our preferred area to move to. Apart from obviuosly applying for jobs online and hoping for the best we are unsure what sites in particular focus in our area's e.t.c.

Can anyone advise a good recruitment site that can work for us in the Edmonton/Calgary area please?

Also on this point, we have heard that although the main applicant can work immediately is it true that the spouse cannot work until after a peroid of time, or can they work immediately?

Subject change:
During our research we have read that it is better to apply personally rather than go through somekind of agency, we have found though a site which advises they are only an information site and for a one off fee of only $89 they will send us the relevant visa application paperwork, samples of what is required, approvement of paperwork before sending and then questions answered. The site is Immigrationexpress.net, has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Any advise you can give us would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy & Liz

Last edited by Andy_Liz; Jan 16th 2011 at 9:17 pm. Reason: Posted to soon
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:01 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Journey to Alberta

Originally Posted by Andy_Liz
Hello

My wife, 2 children (8yrs + 5yrs) and I are just starting our application journey to get to Alberta, Canada. We currently live in the Bromborough, Merseyside and have decided, after much research, to go for it.
Hi Andy_Liz

Best of luck with everything. We moved to Alberta just over two years ago with our two children who are now aged 9 and 5. Whereabouts in Alberta are you hoping to move to? We live in Cochrane, not far from Calgary. We love it here and the kids have settled in really well. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you want to chat to someone who's already made the move or if there's anything I can help with.

All luck.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE,

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question about immigration to Canada but if you repost them in the Canada Immigration Forum...you'll probably get answers.

Quite a few of our members who post in the Canada Forums live in the Alberta area. They will be able to give you useful tips and advice about the area.

Before you begin to post please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Andy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really niceAndy_Liz is just really nice

To the Thornes,

Thanks for the info we'll be intouch, planning potential recce trip in April, do you know any good websites for good priced flights?

Also
Thanks for the info, have posted on the Canada forum
Newbie's eh
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:36 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

To the Thornes,

Thanks for the info we'll be intouch, planning potential recce trip in April, do you know any good websites for good priced flights?

Also
Newbie's eh
Try Canadian Affair - they usually come up quite competitive.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

To the Thornes,

Also
Newbie's eh
It would be best if you ask all questions about Canada in one of the Canada forums. You will get a much better response there as this forum is purely for welcoming new members.