Reload this Page >

Introduction :) - A move to France

Introduction :) - A move to France

Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

KatCzeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction :) - A move to France

Hello, Bonjour

My name is Kathryn and I will be moving to the South of France around July this year with my husband and (just turned) 2 year old boy from, Cardiff in Wales. We've just been told we'll be moving to the Toulouse region with my husbands work and will be looking to rent a 3/4 house.

I have many, many questions and hoped a few people could help me make sense of it all!

I'm quite anxious that I have a lot to do in the next 3 or so months. If it's ok I shall list a few questions below but if they're in the wrong place then please let me know where they will be better suited on the forum. I'm new to this sort of thing so please bear with me!

I appreciate any help that are able to give and I look forward to communicating with many of you over the coming months!

Thanks,
Kat

- Where is the best place to live in the Toulouse/Colomiers region and which places should we avoid? House prices aren't of huge importance but we'd like space for our son and to be close to all the amenities.

- Are there any good links to property rental websites that I should try? I've tried immostreet but there's not a lot on there.

- Should we pay to move with ALL our belongings or put them in storage here and rent fully furnished? We're looking at around £4000 for a full house direct move and it could only be for 2/3 years.

- What do we have to do in terms of Health Care - Drs, Dentist etc?

- Where do we go to get a phoneline/internet etc

- Can we get Sky there? (Silly question maybe, but I honestly have no idea and it would be great if I can still watch my favourite TV hehe)

- I'm self employed so what do I do about closing down my business that I wish to continue upon our return home. Can I take a sabbatical? Will the tax man expect me to do my tax returns for the previous year from France?

- Where are the best places to learn French?

- What is there to do with a 2 year old? Here for example, we have a huge indoor soft play, when it's nice we go to the park or a farm park, we have free libraries etc. We would like to do the same things but would welcome new types of play.

I'm sure there's more but I've got writers block! Thanks in advance for your help! x
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction :) - A move to France

Hi and welcome to BE

I see you've found your way to the French forums, so good luck with the move