Introduction

Old Dec 4th 2018, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Alan1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Alan, i am married with 2 kids.

I currently live in England after returning from living for 5 years in Spain and 5 years in the UAE.

I look forward to conversing with you all in the coming weeks and months
Old Dec 4th 2018, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction

Hi Alan and thank you for stopping at the Welcome Inn for introducing yourself.

You don't mention where you are interested in reading and posting or if you are planning on another move. Before posting, it is suggested that you have a read of our brief list of site rules. I'm provided the link below.

If you are only interested in conversing and helping others who are in the process of returning to the UK, then I would suggest the Moving Back to the UK forum for you. If you just want to chat and have a few laughs or shot the serious stuff with other expats, then the Lounge and Take It Outside might be more to your liking. Whatever your destination on BE, again, welcome.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
Old Dec 4th 2018, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thank you kindly for the guidance.

I'm primarily here to ascertain some information on a potential move to the US although not for another 2 years, so rules could (and most probably will) change under the current administration on visa entry, but good to start picking the brains of some others who have gone through this experience to forward plan.

Secondly, I also want to potentially aid and assist others with my knowledge. I have been all over the world via work, not just Spain and the UAE and would like to help others where I can on life as an expat.

Also, (not a free plug or advertisement) I have a wealth of knowledge on cross border tax and cross border financial experience and could also help here, not for personal gain, only with a view to help people with some guidance if needed or requested, if that's allowed of course. If not, not an issue.

Thanks.

​​
Old Dec 4th 2018, 8:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Always great to welcome someone who is willing to share their immigration experience. Bit dismayed to see that you have singled out the US for the next exploration. It is one of the hardest countries to emigrate to and unless you have an employer willing to sponsor you for a work visa, a US Citizen spouse or an investment fund of $250K and above, your chances of coming to the US are next to zero. I believe that 500K will buy you a green card.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Without going too much into it in depth I currently work with a US firm and their clients so it would be via sponsorship. I could in essence go over to the US sooner, however my wife is doing a degree and has 2 years left so want to wait for her to graduate first.

​​​​