Hi :)

Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sian22040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi :)

Hi everyone,

My partner and I currently live in the UK and we are looking in to options of moving to Canada. Both our occupations are on the list I'm an insurance underwriter and my partner is a gas fitter/ plumber. He has more experience but I have more CRS points as I also have a teaching degree. We are in the process of gathering as much info as possible and have just hired a lawer to help.
Would appreciate any info about either job, or immigration in general

Thanks Sian
Old Sep 7th 2016, 11:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi :)

Originally Posted by Sian22040
Hi everyone,

My partner and I currently live in the UK and we are looking in to options of moving to Canada. Both our occupations are on the list I'm an insurance underwriter and my partner is a gas fitter/ plumber. He has more experience but I have more CRS points as I also have a teaching degree. We are in the process of gathering as much info as possible and have just hired a lawer to help.
Would appreciate any info about either job, or immigration in general

Thanks Sian
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Not sure what 'list' you mean, as there is no longer a list of occupations in demand? But as long as one of you is scoring enough points on the CRS (at least 460-480 to be in with a chance) then you should be fine.

Most people on the forum don't use a lawyer, but if you need any help then do pop over to the immi section of the forum, and general chat about life in Canada is in the main Canada forum.

HTH and hope to see you there.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 10:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE. This is the welcome inn and we are so glad to do just that ... welcome you. Since you are anticipating emigrating to Canada, please walk over to the Canadian forum, introduce yourselves to the lovely people there and ask your questions. Lots of helpful people will be able to answer your questions to the best of their knowledge and ability.

BTW you will find that many of our members who have emigrated to the US and Canada did so without the assistance of an attorney. But not everyone is detail oriented and the paperwork involved can be daunting. Nothing wrong with retaining the services of an attorney, just please be sure that yours is reputable and not one of those immigration service offices who are manned by agents and paralegals.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi the only reason we hired a representative is my fiancé has a Dui and public order offence from 12 years ago and we needed someone to help with the rehabilitation forms just seemed logical to use the same people for the visa too
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi the only reason we hired a representative is my fiancé has a Dui and public order offence from 12 years ago and we needed someone to help with the rehabilitation forms just seemed logical to use the same people for the visa too
Are you sure he needs rehab? Usually after 10 years you're 'deemed rehabilitated', so it's not required.

But as said above, as long as yours is a proper attorney and not one of these awful 'visa agencies', then no reason not to use one if you feel it necessary.

Good luck, see you in the Canada forums.

Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Thank you

That's what we are looking into atm as from our research if you have one conviction you are deemed rehabilitated but if you have more than one you have to apply no matter how long ago it was , so they are looking into whether we actually need to apply. only just hired them so waiting to hear back
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you

That's what we are looking into atm as from our research if you have one conviction you are deemed rehabilitated but if you have more than one you have to apply no matter how long ago it was , so they are looking into whether we actually need to apply. only just hired them so waiting to hear back
Depends on what the convictions are - you can have two if they're not 'summary convictions' and still be deemed rehabilitated.

But if you do need rehab then hiring a lawyer (as above, a proper lawyer though, not a dodgy 'visa agency'!) might make sense, although personally I wouldn't bother paying thousands for them to do a visa app as well.

Best of luck.