Hi

Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

oldroadog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

"Morning,
Joined yesterday,am in Florida on a 3 month visa,but would like to return on a 6 month visa asap. I have a residential address here and some family both in Florida and Michigan,and its my intention to travel around the States as much as I can collecting material for a book. Can anyone tell me how long I have to be back in England for before I can return to the US,and how difficult/easy it is to obtain a 6 month visa?
Thanks
The Oldroadog
Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:50 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Hi and welcome to the Expats forum.
I cannot answer your question personally but if you read through this section you may find your answer. If not then post away, someone will have an answer for you.
Good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldroadog
"Morning,
Joined yesterday,am in Florida on a 3 month visa,but would like to return on a 6 month visa asap. I have a residential address here and some family both in Florida and Michigan,and its my intention to travel around the States as much as I can collecting material for a book. Can anyone tell me how long I have to be back in England for before I can return to the US,and how difficult/easy it is to obtain a 6 month visa?
Thanks
The Oldroadog
Good morning and welcome to BE.

As this forum is for welcoming new members to BE it would be best if you repost your question in the US Immigration Forum. The regulars who frequent that forum will be able to answer your questions better than I.

Good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good morning and welcome to BE.

As this forum is for welcoming new members to BE it would be best if you repost your question in the US Immigration Forum. The regulars who frequent that forum will be able to answer your questions better than I.

Good luck.
Ayup,(that's Yorkshire that is!!),
Thanks for the reply, I'll post a question later.
Regards,
Trevor
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Hi and welcome to the Expats forum.
I cannot answer your question personally but if you read through this section you may find your answer. If not then post away, someone will have an answer for you.
Good luck.
Ola,
Thank you for the advice,I'll follow it up later on today.
Regards
Trevor
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ola,
Thank you for the advice,I'll follow it up later on today.
Regards
Trevor
Being as you're hoping to spend time in the US...you may also want to take a peek in our US Forums.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who as their name suggests will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Englishtart...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any issues should be addressed to a moderator or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Oldroadog

Sorry I can't help with the Visa question (Jersey gave you a link to a better forum for that though) But if you have any problems fining the US forum or need any help, give me a 'holler'
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Welcome to BE Oldroadog

Sorry I can't help with the Visa question (Jersey gave you a link to a better forum for that though) But if you have any problems fining the US forum or need any help, give me a 'holler'
Thanks for the info.
Regards
Trevor
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Being as you're hoping to spend time in the US...you may also want to take a peek in our US Forums.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who as their name suggests will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Englishtart...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any issues should be addressed to a moderator or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Ayup again,
Okey Dokey,will do.
Regards
Trevor
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ayup again,
Okey Dokey,will do.
Regards
Trevor
Aye up back atchya. I see you've opened a thread in the US Immigration forum...good for you. It may be worth mentioning thar you want to do research for a book whilst in the US. I don't know whether or not that's allowed...but the regulars in there will help you out.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Aye up back atchya.
I never noticed before, because I've always seen it written the way you just did. But notice the way OP wrote it? That's how they say it up in the extreme NE of the US (I imagine it trickled down from Canadia, ayup).
Just one of those interesting things. Carry on.

Oh, OP, yes, the book thing might have mattered; didn't catch that in your immigration post.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by meauxna
I never noticed before, because I've always seen it written the way you just did. But notice the way OP wrote it? That's how they say it up in the extreme NE of the US (I imagine it trickled down from Canadia, ayup).
Just one of those interesting things. Carry on.

Oh, OP, yes, the book thing might have mattered; didn't catch that in your immigration post.
Canada...eh?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Canada...eh?
heh, I often say it 'Canadia'. I dunno why.. word games.
(they'll kick your butt for the 'eh' thing.. fortunately, I can only half-kick your butt for it )
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by meauxna
heh, I often say it 'Canadia'. I dunno why.. word games.
(they'll kick your butt for the 'eh' thing.. fortunately, I can only half-kick your butt for it )
You/they would have to catch me first.

I always think of 'Can-arda'...it was in a Cameron Diaz film a few years ago.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:34 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trevor

I see you have already been pointed in the right direction to find the answers you seek, which just leaves me to say welcome to BE.
Love the site name you have chosen -

Good luck with your plans and I hope the book works out.

Dread - x