Reload this Page >

Help, advice experiences gladly taken

Help, advice experiences gladly taken

Old Mar 7th 2015, 11:27 am
Just Joined

neilers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help, advice experiences gladly taken

Hi

I'm Neil and my family and I are moving to Seattle WA with my wife's company. It's potentially a 2 year thing but we can see it getting extended to a lot longer.

We'll be renting a home initially - we will also be keeping our house in the UK so advice on this and should we sell our UK home I know there is issues around Capital Gains Tax state side if it's after 3 years??

Any information, advice or experiences that you may have we'd love to hear them especially if the are on Seattle but obviously US in general is also welcomed.

We're looking at all the schools, areas to live, life style and generally well-being. Would be handy to know where is good and where is bad, cost of living and all that kind of stuff.

We look forward to hearing any comments or advice that you may have.

Thanks

Neil
Old Mar 7th 2015, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help, advice experiences gladly taken

Hello Neil...welcome to our cyber community of British Expats.

I recommend you take a look around our US forums and post your questions in there.

USA - British Expats

Please give me a shout if you need help with anything.