Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello users... great looking site!

Hello users... great looking site!

Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Andrew B is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello users... great looking site!

Hello all.

I am Andrew and looking at emigrating to Oz in the next few years. I am currently a serving soldier in the British Army and would appreciate any info from ex British Military who have transferred to the Oz military. I am keeping my options open at the moment. So any info on making the move down under would be grateful received.

Thank you all.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:52 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello users... great looking site!

Originally Posted by Andrew B
Hello all.

I am Andrew and looking at emigrating to Oz in the next few years. I am currently a serving soldier in the British Army and would appreciate any info from ex British Military who have transferred to the Oz military. I am keeping my options open at the moment. So any info on making the move down under would be grateful received.

Thank you all.
Hi Andrew, Welcome to BE. Just pop along to the Australia thread and post your question on there.

Keep safe in the Army, proud of you boys
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

3ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello BIG site!

Im researching on where in the world to go whilst the economy is flat? I moved to France in the recession 1990 for one summer and stayed for twelve year..I loved it.
<<<snip>>>
Any ideas please how best to find interior designers architect etc..
Many thanks.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 1st 2012 at 11:55 am. Reason: Removed detail of biz
Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3ree
Hello BIG site!

Im researching on where in the world to go whilst the economy is flat? I moved to France in the recession 1990 for one summer and stayed for twelve year..I loved it.
<<<snip>>
Any ideas please how best to find interior designers architect etc..
Many thanks.
Hello and welcome.

I think your best bet is to Google...that's the way most of us find companies/people. Please take a look at the Site Rules...particularly Rule #9. Although you cannot use the forums to advertise your business/products...you may put a link in your signature.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 1st 2012 at 12:58 pm. Reason: snipped quote
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 2:17 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

Welcome to BE.
I would recommend you check out our Australia forum, which you will find by clicking on the 'forum index' tab at the top left corner of this page. Click on Australia and you're in. I seem to recall there was someone a couple of months ago who was also asking about transferring to the Australian forces, so you may well find a like minded person as well as some useful information.

The forum is full of expats either already having made the move to Oz or in the process of doing so,as well as those like yourself who plan to do so in the future, and it's always worth investigating your options and finding out the information you need well in advance.

In the meantime all the very best with your plans - and you and the rest of the boys serving our country stay safe out there, especially those in Afghanistan.

Regards

Dread - x
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:05 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all.

Thank you all.
Is this possible? Are you allowed to switch from the British Army to the Oz military? It just sounds so odd. Do you hold both passports?

Welcome to BE by the way...
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Is this possible? Are you allowed to switch from the British Army to the Oz military? It just sounds so odd. Do you hold both passports?

Welcome to BE by the way...
As the British armed forces are shedding jobs and making people redundant there are reports in the press that the Australian forces are actively looking to recruit from these people.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all.

Thank you all.
Hi Andrew and Welcome to BE.

It can be done. You would need to ask your question(s) on the Oz Immi forum. There are people who can advise you.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:50 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
As the British armed forces are shedding jobs and making people redundant there are reports in the press that the Australian forces are actively looking to recruit from these people.
Oh wow, that's very interesting. But there is another aspect that I find fascinating... How can soldiers of one army switch to a different country and swear on a flag that (I assume) means nothing to them?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Oh wow, that's very interesting. But there is another aspect that I find fascinating... How can soldiers of one army switch to a different country and swear on a flag that (I assume) means nothing to them?
Not too difficult if they are moving to a country which is a traditional ally, but say moving from North Korea to South Korea might be a bit more of a problem . I don't think we have ever been on different sides to Australia..
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Not too difficult if they are moving to a country which is a traditional ally, but say moving from North Korea to South Korea might be a bit more of a problem . I don't think we have ever been on different sides to Australia..
Good point, if he wanted to join the German army that would be a whole other story!