Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello - Thinking of moving to France

Hello - Thinking of moving to France

Old May 12th 2011, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Swimming pool chap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello - Thinking of moving to France

My names John I currently live in Wales with my wife and we are considering a move to France
Old May 12th 2011, 8:27 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi John and welcome to BE. Don't blame you... all that lovely food and wine... yum!! happy planning.
Old May 12th 2011, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi John and welcome to BE. Don't blame you... all that lovely food and wine... yum!! happy planning.
Hi bakebean and thank you. The mention of wine has started my mouth watering

It's a nice feeling in France. I get the impression it is more community and family orientated than in the UK

Best wishes

John
Old May 12th 2011, 8:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, there is also a lot more information in the Forum for France. Yet another set of great help is the permanente threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2011, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, there is also a lot more information in the Forum for France. Yet another set of great help is the permanente threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Hello Rosemary Thank you for the welcome and the information. I'm most grateful

Best wishes

John
Old May 12th 2011, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - Thinking of moving to France

Originally Posted by Swimming pool chap
My names John I currently live in Wales with my wife and we are considering a move to France
Hello John...welcome to BE.

We have a very lively France Forum...why don't you pop over there take a look around and say hello?

If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

I hope your enjoy your time with us.
Old May 12th 2011, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

We have a very lively France Forum...why don't you pop over there take a look around and say hello?

If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Hi Jersey Girl Thank you for the warm welcome and the help

It's very much appreciated

Cheers

John
Old May 12th 2011, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jerseygirl. Thank you for the welcome and help and best wishes to you

John
Old May 12th 2011, 5:49 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
As suggested above, come onto the France forum, giving a few more details.
E.g. what area are you interested in? will you be looking to work (in which case in what fields and how is your French?) or retire?
There are plenty of us on the France forum to give you advice!
Old May 12th 2011, 6:37 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John

Welcome to BE from me too.

I hope you have found our France forum, where there are some really nice folks who will welcome a newcomer.

Good luck with your plans

Salute

Dread - x
Old May 13th 2011, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Hello dmu and dreadsoc Thank you for your welcome I will indeed look on the French forum
dmu We are thinking in the Dordogne area or further south and I will be looking for work. <<<snip>>>

John.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 13th 2011 at 10:38 am. Reason: Please see my post below
Old May 13th 2011, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello dmu and dreadsoc Thank you for your welcome I will indeed look on the French forum
dmu We are thinking in the Dordogne area or further south and I will be looking for work, My field of expertise is in Construction, with a preference for old cottage style house renovations and swimming pools (I'm a pool engineer technician (TnISPE))

John
John...just to let you know you may put a link to your website in your signature but you are not allowed to promote/advertise your business on the forums. Please see the Site Rules...rule # 9. Thanks.
Old May 13th 2011, 10:50 am
Just Joined

John...just to let you know you may put a link to your website in your signature but you are not allowed to promote/advertise your business on the forums. Please see the Site Rules...rule # 9. Thanks.
Oops! Sorry! Job done