Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello!! :-) Thinking about Australia

Hello!! :-) Thinking about Australia

Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

woodman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello!! :-) Thinking about Australia

Found this site only a few days ago and I really hope that it will help my husband and I to make some important decisions.
For a while now we have been thinking of a move to Australia, but many things have gone on in our life which have put it on the back burner - getting married, moving house, starting new jobs, etc, etc.
I am a teacher and whilst I love my job when I am actually teaching, I am beginning to get thoroughly fed up with the constant pressure on teachers - Ofsted, target setting, the ridiculous amount of planning, marking and assessments we have to do and the constant feeling that nothing I do is good enough. At times I feel like quitting teaching, but I honestly don't know what else I would do, so finding out about teaching somewhere else in the world seems like the best idea. And, we are still young (both 28) with no children, so why not give it a go? Plus, the idea of getting away from this grey and increasingly depressing country we currently live in is very appealing! (Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be British, but don't like the direction this country is currently going in).
Our house is on the market, with the hope of selling and moving in with parents so that we can save up enough to be able to make the move. I am just starting to research into visas, skills assessments of my teaching qualifications, costs involved with the move, taking our dog, etc, etc.
Anyway, that's us. Hope to chat to some of you over the coming months as we make some exciting and important decisions.
G&J Woodman
Old Jan 11th 2010, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!! :-)

Welcome to BE! All the best in your research.