Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello - New Here from South Africa

Hello - New Here from South Africa

Old May 2nd 2015, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

CoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Hello - New Here from South Africa

I am originally from London - Came over to SA in 1990 - I met & married a SA guy & we have 3 children 17/13 & 10...

Over the past few years, I started to feel very home sick & felt the need to get back to the UK - I went for a visit last year & loveeeed it

About 2 years ago, I broke the news to my hubby that I realy wanted to move back home.... we did some research, but at that time my family were not ready to make the move... So I sat back & carried on with my life here in SA

Well.... things have been rather bad here recently & my hubby as realised, that for the sake of our children, we definitely need to relocate to the UK sooner rather than later....

So once again.... My mind starts going crazy.... I spend every minute of the day googling.... Areas / businesses / home prices... etc

The place which is top of our list right now is the Isle of wight.... I am really keen to communicate with other families who may have already been there, done that....

Although this is very exciting... it is early days ... We want our eldest child to finish school here - Mid 2016
Old May 3rd 2015, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - New Here from South Africa

The first thing you need to think about is the visa for your hubby - you say he is South African, so, unless he has British/European Ancestry you are looking at sponsoring him for a spouse visa.

Have you looked into the financial requirements to obtain the visa?
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:11 am
Just Joined

CoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond reputeCoxSA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - New Here from South Africa

Yes... We will be hoping that my husband will be able to qualify for a spousal visa... And visa and passports are top of the to do list... As I said, it is early days into our decision & there is lots of considerations... Thanks for the heads up re financial factor.😃