Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello - Moving to USA in March 2011

Hello - Moving to USA in March 2011

Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

mollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nice
Default Hello - Moving to USA in March 2011

Hello to everyone around the globe

I would like to introduce myself as a new member

I am a British Lady married with three children aged 15,13 and12. We moved from London to Madrid, Spain nearly a year ago. The children settled in well to a private British School. The children amazed me how quickly they have learnt the Spanish Language, my daughter (13) is fluent already. It has been a good year but we are now ready to move on to our next adventure. We now plan to move to Silicon Valley, USA in March 2011 because of my husbands job. So busy times ahead me thinks. Packing the house, looking for house rental, schools, visa applications and so on. I think we will have well traveled cats

I look forward to getting to know people on here and swapping advice from our experiences.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:58 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including the USA can be found here.

I see that you have found your way around the site but any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Enjoy B.E.

Alistair.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mollykins74
Hello to everyone around the globe

I would like to introduce myself as a new member

I am a British Lady married with three children aged 15,13 and12. We moved from London to Madrid, Spain nearly a year ago. The children settled in well to a private British School. The children amazed me how quickly they have learnt the Spanish Language, my daughter (13) is fluent already. It has been a good year but we are now ready to move on to our next adventure. We now plan to move to Silicon Valley, USA in March 2011 because of my husbands job. So busy times ahead me thinks. Packing the house, looking for house rental, schools, visa applications and so on. I think we will have well traveled cats

I look forward to getting to know people on here and swapping advice from our experiences.
Hello Mollykins...welcome to BE.

Thank you for introducing yourself...I'm pleased you've found us. Our members are a great support to each other...I'm sure you'll get plenty of helpful answers to any questions you may have about moving to the US.

If you have any immigration questions please post them in the US Immigration and Visas forum. General questions about life in the US should be posted in the US Forum. The Trailer Park is for general chit chat.

Please take time to take a look in the BE Wiki...it's a great source for information.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

mollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nicemollykins74 is just really nice

Thank you for your warm welcomes
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - Moving to USA in March 2011

Hi Mollykins,

Welcome to BE. I'm sure you will pick up lots of tips here, everyone is so great at sharing experiences and tips.

I see you have found your way to the USA forums already, so that's good. If you ever have any site questions there are plenty of us around so don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Sue
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - Moving to USA in March 2011

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move!