Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello - heading to New York

Hello - heading to New York

Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Coldhands is just really niceColdhands is just really niceColdhands is just really niceColdhands is just really niceColdhands is just really niceColdhands is just really niceColdhands is just really niceColdhands is just really nice
Default Hello - heading to New York

Hi All

We're off to New York shortly. Hubby is starting new job in March while I wait for the academic year to finish before moving over with (some) of the children. We will be leaving behind our eldest who is in her final year at university and the second eldest is not sure if he's coming or not - depends on his A level results.

I will have many, many questions, although I have picked up quite a lot of useful information from these pages already. So nice to know there are people out there who have done it and thrived.

Has anyone ever moved university part way through doing a PhD? Not sure whether to try to continue studying remotely, transfer it to a NY uni or just give it all up as a bad job and think of something else. Suggestions appreciated!

Thanks for listening, Coldhands
Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:57 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello - heading to New York

Originally Posted by Coldhands
Hi All

We're off to New York shortly. Hubby is starting new job in March while I wait for the academic year to finish before moving over with (some) of the children. We will be leaving behind our eldest who is in her final year at university and the second eldest is not sure if he's coming or not - depends on his A level results.

I will have many, many questions, although I have picked up quite a lot of useful information from these pages already. So nice to know there are people out there who have done it and thrived.

Has anyone ever moved university part way through doing a PhD? Not sure whether to try to continue studying remotely, transfer it to a NY uni or just give it all up as a bad job and think of something else. Suggestions appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum, We have an Excellent USA Section and you may want to check out the WIKI for some more advice on the process. Alternatily report your question in the USA Section where it will get a bit more visablity.

Each Section of the Forum has Moderators and Concierges which can be found on the Forum Leaders page or at the bottom of each Forum Section.

Should you have any issues with the usability of British Expats then drop in to the Site Feedback Section once again Welcome to the Site
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

I don't know about the PhD thing, but I had talked to someone who transferred to MIT from Cambridge to finish off her studies on her PhD when her husband got a consulate job, so it must be manageable
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and best of luck with your future plans!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coldhands
Hi All

Hi there and welcome to the site

You will get a better response if you repost your questions in our US forum. I see you have already started posting in that forum...as you've probably found out the folk who post in there are a helpful crowd...they'll try to answer your questions.

Good luck and once again...welcome.