Reload this Page >

Hello everyone - Moving to Adelaide

Hello everyone - Moving to Adelaide

Old Aug 7th 2014, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

freelance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello everyone - Moving to Adelaide

I joined the community today.
I am planning to move to Adelaide (Australia), probably by Jan 2015, provided everything goes on smoothly.
I am a GP(general practitioner) currently doing locums near Manchester, got an offer from a surgery in Adelaide. I have never been to Australia, so emigrating is associated with its stress. My wife is also a GP and got 2 kids aged 20 months and 6 yrs.
Got lot of questions, found plenty of answers already reading other posts, found this forum very supportive. I would expect the same support from everyone and would be equally helpful in whatever way I can.

Old Aug 8th 2014, 12:36 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Hello everyone - Moving to Adelaide

Hello and welcome to the forum

Goodness, that's rather bold of you moving to a country you've never visited before. Hope you like it there. Must be a great offer I guess.

I imagine that you've found the Australia section of the forum already and that's the best place to ask some questions and get some info about the country.

All the best with your plans
Old Aug 8th 2014, 12:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and good luck!
Old Aug 10th 2014, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

freelance is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bakedbean, I feel the work life balance would be better than UK. 9 yrs ago I migrated to UK, without visiting this country before -- liked it, loved it , now trying to find greener pastures.
Thanks for your reply schnookoLoly.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Wilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello everyone - Moving to Adelaide

i hope your plans are coming together, wishing you all the best !
Old Oct 4th 2014, 1:14 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everyone - Moving to Adelaide

Are you two part of the myriads of GP's abandoning the UK then??