Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello everybody!

Hello everybody!

Old Feb 19th 2024, 11:28 pm
Banned

MatiasHarding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello everybody!

Hello everybody! I'm new here, and I'm thinking of relocating to another country. I live in London, and every year this city becomes more and more expensive. So, I thought of moving to Canada or New Zealand. I'm considering those two options, but I'm open to other options, too.
Old Feb 20th 2024, 1:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everybody!

Hello and welcome to BE. To ask for information about immigration requirements for Canada and New Zealand you can post on the sub-forums here:
https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/
https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/

To start gathering information that's relevant to your specific circumstances, provide your age, citizenship, education, qualifications and job details. Immigration is a complex and expensive business, so ask all the questions you need to.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 20th 2024, 6:21 pm
Banned

I have a degree in robotics engineering, and I'm a UK citizen. I know that now there's a high demand for people with this degree. Still, living in London is becoming more and more expensive daily. So, my wife and I have been considering trying luck in some other places. We thought about Canada. It seems to us more attractive and not so far away from the rest of the family.
Old Feb 21st 2024, 1:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to check out the immigration policy for each of Canada and New Zealand. There are many types of visas, however, it appears that a work visa is the one you would be striving for.

Check out each of those forums and ask questions. Many are very willing to help you in your quest.
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 8:19 pm
Banned

That's what I'm doing right now. I'm gathering as much info about each country as possible, including the paperwork, house prices, cost of living, literally everything. I know that getting a work visa is the only possible way for me to immigrate. I don't see myself as an investor there. Besides, I also need to bring my wife. Currently, she works remotely for her company, and basically, she can work from any part of the world. So, we need to know about the staff income taxes for her, too.
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 11:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MatiasHarding
That's what I'm doing right now. I'm gathering as much info about each country as possible, including the paperwork, house prices, cost of living, literally everything. I know that getting a work visa is the only possible way for me to immigrate. I don't see myself as an investor there. Besides, I also need to bring my wife. Currently, she works remotely for her company, and basically, she can work from any part of the world. So, we need to know about the staff income taxes for her, too.
First things first Matias. You need to work out which, if any, work visa you can apply for in the countries that interest you. There are numerous work visas, all with different requirements and conditions. Not everyone who wants to live in another country is able to do so.

Once you find out if you're able to apply for a visa, then you can start the fun research about cost of living, taxes etc.

So my advice to you is to start a new thread in the sub-forum of the country you're enquiring about, and title it something like 'Eligibility for a Work Visa'.
Old Feb 24th 2024, 3:46 pm
Banned

That's an interesting point about work visas. Are there any benefits for British citizens? I'm pretty sure there should be some.
Old Feb 24th 2024, 4:10 pm
Concierge

That's an interesting point about work visas. Are there any benefits for British citizens? I'm pretty sure there should be some.
People don't answer questions on the Welcome Inn, they answer them in the relevant country sub-forum. Please post your questions there.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 4:10 pm
Banned

Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know about that. Well, I'll look for a relevant thread there. I thought that since you've already provided some info, I could take a chance and ask more questions. But I'm sorry. I'll find another thread.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 4:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know about that. Well, I'll look for a relevant thread there. I thought that since you've already provided some info, I could take a chance and ask more questions. But I'm sorry. I'll find another thread.
Best thing to do is start your own thread with any questions, rather than finding somebody else's old thread. Being British will give you no benefit over anybody applying from another country usually. As you're in the US that may have an advantage for Canada, US citizens have a visa option available to them that Brits won't have. So when you do start a thread for more info on visa eligibility for each country, that's worth mentioning in your Canada thread.

Good luck.
Old Feb 27th 2024, 4:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Best thing to do is start your own thread with any questions, rather than finding somebody else's old thread. Being British will give you no benefit over anybody applying from another country usually. As you're in the US that may have an advantage for Canada, US citizens have a visa option available to them that Brits won't have. So when you do start a thread for more info on visa eligibility for each country, that's worth mentioning in your Canada thread.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll have a look at what other users posted here. Maybe threads like this already exist, and I just don't wanna post the same stuff. But when I form more questions and after doing my own research, I'll start a thread here and share my story. As I said, now I'm in the phase of gathering more info before deciding anything. And yes, I'm in the US, but it's temporary. I'll go back to the UK in a month or two, and I don't have US citizenship.
Old Feb 27th 2024, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll have a look at what other users posted here. Maybe threads like this already exist, and I just don't wanna post the same stuff. But when I form more questions and after doing my own research, I'll start a thread here and share my story. As I said, now I'm in the phase of gathering more info before deciding anything. And yes, I'm in the US, but it's temporary. I'll go back to the UK in a month or two, and I don't have US citizenship.
Please do not start a thread ‘here’…I take it you mean the Welcome Inn forum? This forum is purely for new members to introduce themselves. All immigration questions should be posted in that particular country’s Immigration Forum.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Antoniowlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is Administration britishexpats.com ??

Where is moderator??
It is about advertisement on your website.
Thank.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 7:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

use the “contact us” tab, located in the blue bar at the bottom of this page, to contact admin re advertising. Thanks.