Hello to all

Old Feb 27th 2016, 9:03 am
Just Joined

matty72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello to all

Morning all,

I am currently living in the East Midlands (UK), working as a Technical Project Manager for a large well known Science / Drug Manufacturer. My background is in research and product development.

Me and my wife have been talking about a move to mainland Europe for the last 2 - 3 years, and we have been looking at different areas we both like.

I am sure there is a lot more about me, but will flesh that out as I got more involved with the forum.

So, that is my very brief introduction, and thanks for having me.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello to all

Moving to work or to retire ? Or to run a business or what ?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Looking to work, still got about 20 years before I retire. I have recently completed a TEFL course to add another skill, but would ideally like to carry on working within a Technical / Scientific role.

We are looking between Southern / South Western France and Spain. Trying to get some ideas of what opportunities there are out there. I did have the idea of working as a Project Manager from home.

Any thoughts?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

kimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this pointkimkerly is an unknown quantity at this point

No hubby....we are looking to move to France not Spain!
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Matty

I suggest that you check out the Spain and France sections of the forum and ask those on the ground. I presume that you have the language skills for the move?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks bakedbean

Have introduced myself to those specific forums, and as for the language, we are working on it. My French is coming along OK, but appreciate there is still a long way to go.

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2016, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Johnmore is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Matty! I'm new to this forum as well and it seems to have some good info and good people here.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Johnmore, I am keen to dip into the collective knowledge and see if my thoughts for a change are at all viable. :-)