Hello!

Old Apr 2nd 2022, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

sancopanco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello!

Hi all,

I've been reading posts on this site for a while and finally registered so I can get more involved in the discussion. As I'm looking to relocate to Spain from Scotland, the forum has been a greate source of information on the process of buying a house there and what it's like to live in Spain. I speak some Spanish but definitely need to learn more. Hopefully, my IT job will allow me to work remotely from my new home in Spain else I might need start looking for something locally.

I justed want to introduce myself to the folks here and hope that I get to chat to you all soon!

Thanks,
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 7:44 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by sancopanco
Hi all,

I've been reading posts on this site for a while and finally registered so I can get more involved in the discussion. As I'm looking to relocate to Spain from Scotland, the forum has been a greate source of information on the process of buying a house there and what it's like to live in Spain. I speak some Spanish but definitely need to learn more. Hopefully, my IT job will allow me to work remotely from my new home in Spain else I might need start looking for something locally.

I justed want to introduce myself to the folks here and hope that I get to chat to you all soon!

Thanks,
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Post again in the Spain forum, where there are plenty of folk who can advise you. But be aware that you'll need a work Visa (acquired before you leave the UK), if you intend to work, even remotely. (In France, you'd need to be "sponsored" by a French company who hasn't been able to find a suitable French or EU candidate for the job offered, or must present a business plan if you intend to be self-employed - check whether this is the case for Spain, too).
HTH, and good luck!
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

sancopanco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dmu,
Thank you for your response and the info. I'm EU citizen living in Scotland so hopefully work visa shouldn't be an issue. Will repost in the Spanish forum as you said.
Thanks 😉
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 8:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the forum rules https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ and, should you have any site related problems please aske one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.

I see you have already found the Spain forum so I will just wish you 'Good Luck'