Hello!

Old Sep 12th 2016, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Elliarto is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello!

Hi everyone, I am a teenager from Hampshire who goes to a "high school" in Pennsylvania. I'm getting closer to thinking about university, and I know for sure that I want to move back to my home country. I have been feeling pretty close to the UK recently and desperately want to be back in Europe. I hope I will have a good time on this forum!
Old Sep 12th 2016, 9:06 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Elliarto
Hi everyone, I am a teenager from Hampshire who goes to a "high school" in Pennsylvania. I'm getting closer to thinking about university, and I know for sure that I want to move back to my home country. I have been feeling pretty close to the UK recently and desperately want to be back in Europe. I hope I will have a good time on this forum!
Welcome!
I'm sure there are some people on this forum that will know whats needed for you to attend a UK uni and convert your high school stuff (GED?) to UKAS points!

Which Universities are you looking at?
Old Sep 12th 2016, 10:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

Don't know about having a good time here but we do have some laughs.

Why do you have high school in quotes? I know as a British citizen (if you are one that is) you can return to the UK any time that you wish (with parental consent if you are underage).

May I suggest that you wander to the Returning to the UK branch of the forum and get some insider info on what it will take for you to go to universary back in England as a resident.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Elliarto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for the replies! My college counseling starts very soon so I'll be pretty set with that, but as for universities in England, I am trying to aim quite high because I believe I am capable of it. I am looking at Oxford, LSE, and USL as they all offer programs that I am interested in. I only moved to America 2 years ago, and I have a British citizenship/passport so I don't think applying will be too much of a bother. I happen to have French citizenship and a passport from my mother, so I am also looking at Sciences Po in France.

I put high school in quotes just because I was feeling particularly English at the time and didn't really care for American lingo so I just decided to put it in quotes haha. You could say I am basically in college in England .

I'm happy to finally find a place where other Brits can talk and share advice, so thank you all and look forward to seeing you around!
Old Sep 13th 2016, 7:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary