Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Egypt!

Greetings from Egypt!

Old Mar 1st 2012, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Red-Sea-Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greetings from Egypt!

Hello all and greetings from the land of sand!

I'm really happy to have found this forum

So, a little about me....i have been living in Egypt for 6 years now, have 2 small children, and we are thinking to move back to the UK.

My husband is Egyptian so i am dealing with the minefield of visa applications at the moment

Anyone else in Egypt??
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:23 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Egypt!

Hi Red Sea Angel

First of all welcome to BE.
We don't yet have a florum dedicated to Egypt, but you may find some folks from Egypt on our Middle East forum.
I would also recommend you check out our 'Moving back to the UK forum' where you will find plenty of like minded folks who are returning to the UK after living away - I m sure you will aslo find plenty of folks who have gone through the visa process for their non Brit partners too, so they may have some useful tips and advice to help you through that part of things.
You will find both forums by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page. Scroll down the countries and double click on the title of the one you want and you're in.
Just pop up and say hi and before long you will be chatting with plenty of other folks in a similar position to you.

That just leaves me to wish you all the very best with your planned return and I hope you enjoy being part of our little community here on BE.

Dread - x
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the welcome Dread

I've already made my way over to the 'Moving back to the UK forum' and have been bending the folks ears about the visa minefield!

I look forward to being a member of the BE community.

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:52 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff -I am sure some of those good folks on the moving back forum have been through the visa process - and you're spot on when you describe it as a minefield. Let's hope you get some good tips from the forum. Where in the UK will you move to?

All the best

Dread - x
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

-Hey Dread,

I've already been given some really helpful infomation regarding the visa application. Hopefully we'll be submitting the papers shortly, just waiting for all of the Embassy approved translations to come back....nothing moves quickly in Egypt
Re our destination, all going well we'll be moving to Dorset, my home county

-Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your welcome and for all of the information

Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Red-Sea-Angel
-Hey Dread,

I've already been given some really helpful infomation regarding the visa application. Hopefully we'll be submitting the papers shortly, just waiting for all of the Embassy approved translations to come back....nothing moves quickly in Egypt
Re our destination, all going well we'll be moving to Dorset, my home county

-Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your welcome and for all of the information

Dorset is lovely - I'm in the neighbouring county of Hampshire.

I normally lurk the Goa forum - nothing moves quickly in India either - well except your spending money if you're not careful !!!

Dread - x