Reload this Page >

Gibraltar........

Gibraltar........

Old Apr 6th 2017, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Sheffield61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar........

Hello all,

Just registered here & hope for some advice with regards to the feasability of moving to live in Gibraltar......

Basically I need to move somewhere warmer than Sheffield (Shouldn't be too hard to find), on health grounds.....

I went to Gibraltar back in 1980 whilst in the RAF & have been back several times since, this would seem the perfect location for us to retire to now.....

I get my company/Forces pension in a few months & believe that will provide enough for us to buy a small property in Gibraltar......

My questions revolve around the current benefits that we recieve here in the UK. I wonder if somebody could tell me which (If any), of the following benefits we could transfer with us should we make this move.....

1. Personal independence payments (PIP)
2. Employment & support allowance (ESA Support group)
3. Carers allowance
4. Child benefit
5. Child tax credits

Obviously I would also need to know what the residency criteria is to be allowed to live in Gibraltar also. We are a family of three being my partner, our 17 year old son & myself. We were all born in the UK & we all hold full valid UK passports.

Many thanks in advance for any possible help & advice here....

John......
Old Apr 6th 2017, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar........

Good morning John and welcome to BE

This is the Welcome Inn where we ask people to introduce themselves before we direct them on to the proper forum for their questions. We don't have a forum dedicated to just Gibraltar but I suggest that you repost in the Spain forum Spain - British Expats

Please have a read of the site rules listed above and have a go at finding out all you need to make your move successful.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 3:54 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Good morning John and welcome to BE

This is the Welcome Inn where we ask people to introduce themselves before we direct them on to the proper forum for their questions. We don't have a forum dedicated to just Gibraltar but I suggest that you repost in the Spain forum Spain - British Expats

Please have a read of the site rules listed above and have a go at finding out all you need to make your move successful.
I am curious, why Spain? Spain doesnt own Gibraltar
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I am curious, why Spain? Spain doesnt own Gibraltar
Because we don't have a forum for Gibraltar and the only places I find that talk about Gibraltar is on the Spain forum.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 6:35 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Because we don't have a forum for Gibraltar and the only places I find that talk about Gibraltar is on the Spain forum.
It a touchy subject right about now. I love Gibraltar, my friends live there. I am sad for them with this Brexit crap
Old Apr 6th 2017, 8:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

.... is the right answer

Hi Sheffield61.

As Rete has suggested, please pop along to our Spain forum. FredBargate frequents the Spain forum and lives in Gib.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheffield61
Hello all,

Just registered here & hope for some advice with regards to the feasability of moving to live in Gibraltar......

Basically I need to move somewhere warmer than Sheffield (Shouldn't be too hard to find), on health grounds.....

I went to Gibraltar back in 1980 whilst in the RAF & have been back several times since, this would seem the perfect location for us to retire to now.....

I get my company/Forces pension in a few months & believe that will provide enough for us to buy a small property in Gibraltar......

My questions revolve around the current benefits that we recieve here in the UK. I wonder if somebody could tell me which (If any), of the following benefits we could transfer with us should we make this move.....

1. Personal independence payments (PIP)
2. Employment & support allowance (ESA Support group)
3. Carers allowance
4. Child benefit
5. Child tax credits

Obviously I would also need to know what the residency criteria is to be allowed to live in Gibraltar also. We are a family of three being my partner, our 17 year old son & myself. We were all born in the UK & we all hold full valid UK passports.

Many thanks in advance for any possible help & advice here....

John......
I have no idea what the benefits are that you are referring to, however I believe you would only receive them if they were paid by the UK to people who move abroad.

The following links may be useful :-

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/dep...ocial-security

You are EU citizens therefore there is no restrictions on moving to Gibraltar other than money, but you may not qualify for health cover or education unless you take up employment.
But I suggest you contact the relevant departments for confirmation.
I have heard replies are often long in comming.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Sheffield61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the replies & advice here......