Reload this Page >

Finding funding to by a business in the USA

Finding funding to by a business in the USA

Old Apr 1st 2016, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

SD333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding funding to by a business in the USA

Hi there,

Can anyone advise on who lends money in the UK to support an E2 investment visa. I am buying a business and I need a very small amount which I have a home I can secure against.
The issue I am having is personal loans are only given to UK residents and business loans need the company to be a UK registered one!
The USA banks which I have history with also cannot help as the asset needs to be a US based one.

thanks

Last edited by SD333; Apr 1st 2016 at 2:46 pm. Reason: amend type
Old Apr 1st 2016, 8:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding funding to by a business in the USA

Welcome to BE!

This is just a spot to say hi. You'll want to have a search around the main US forums and to ask specific questions.

You'll have trouble finding someone who will do a small business loan though and to get the visa, you need to show the funds to cover the whole deal, including living expenses separate to the business, such as a house, car, deposits for utilities etc.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 8:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You need to obtain a second mortgage, or remortgage for a greater amount, on your property in the UK. What you do with the proceeds of the loan is largely irrelevant.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 11:55 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum

Welcome Inn is just for introductions and you won't find too many folks in here in the States. So please do post in the USA section. That's where all the residents hang out. You can follow this link below.
USA - British Expats
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SD333
Hi there,

Can anyone advise on who lends money in the UK to support an E2 investment visa. I am buying a business and I need a very small amount which I have a home I can secure against.
The issue I am having is personal loans are only given to UK residents and business loans need the company to be a UK registered one!
The USA banks which I have history with also cannot help as the asset needs to be a US based one.

thanks
Hello and welcome to BE.

As others have already said you need to re-post in the US forums...as this forum is a 'meet and greet' forum. There are plenty of people who will help you over there.