Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Enjoying the warmth but missing my family back in UK

Enjoying the warmth but missing my family back in UK

Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

ILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really niceILoveKoalas is just really nice
Default Enjoying the warmth but missing my family back in UK

since having spent most of the day reading about the weather and corresponding with those back home I had heard about this website for a while but just never found time to come here.

But since everyone is off school back home and jobs for the Christmas break they are online at all hours of day and night and inbetween responses with my mates I thought i would check it out.

I am originally from the HIghlands of Scotland but now am in Western Oz after all what is isolated North East Scotland versus isolated Western Oz!!! Warmer yes but same sense of community. I originally came out myself for a fantastic job opportunity in another part of Australia but met my spouse who works where most people work here!!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:08 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enjoying the warmth but missing my family back in UK

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasure to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

You seem to be finding your way about but any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Thanks for dropping by the welcome inn.

Enjoy B.E. and keep enjoying Oz.

Alistair.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 3:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILoveKoalas
since having spent most of the day reading about the weather and corresponding with those back home I had heard about this website for a while but just never found time to come here.

But since everyone is off school back home and jobs for the Christmas break they are online at all hours of day and night and inbetween responses with my mates I thought i would check it out.

I am originally from the HIghlands of Scotland but now am in Western Oz after all what is isolated North East Scotland versus isolated Western Oz!!! Warmer yes but same sense of community. I originally came out myself for a fantastic job opportunity in another part of Australia but met my spouse who works where most people work here!!
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm glad you've found us and hope you enjoy your stay.

There's always Brits on line here...some times it's quieter than others but there's usually always someone around to have a chat to. How long have you lived in Australia? I presume you live in the Perth area...if you do quite a lot of the posters in the Australia forums live in that area.

Alistair has already introducted himself to you. Alistair and Kelli28 are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact them.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. The mods for the Australia forums are...Cresta57, Monneypenny20 and Sonlymewalter.

Please shout out should you require any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 20th 2010 at 12:20 am.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:53 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ILK

Just to say welcome from me too.
You definitely need to get stuck into the Oz forum, especially if missing the folks back home, as there is nothing like that familiar Brit banter to keep away the blues.

Hope you enjoy your time here

Dread - x
Old Dec 20th 2010, 12:47 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILoveKoalas

Hiya IloveKoalas Welcome to BE

There are some lovely people who post in the Australia forums, I’m sure you will enjoy getting to know them.

If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to give me a shout, you can find my contact details here.