Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Canadian in Perth - Saying hi! Can helpfully answer any questions...

Canadian in Perth - Saying hi! Can helpfully answer any questions...

Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Love_Vancouver is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Canadian in Perth - Saying hi! Can helpfully answer any questions...

Hi guys!

I thought I'd join this forum to be of service to anyone who has questions about living in either Perth or Vancouver.

My background? I was born to a British mum and Aussie dad. My mum was one of Perth's original Ten Pound Poms who arrived in Fremantle in the early 50's and my father is Australian. They migrated to Canada in the 1960's via several other countries and settled in BC. I was born in Vancouver and became a naturalized Aussie citizen in the 1980's.

Never thought I'd move to Perth, but I met a wonderful Aussie guy and made the jump after a life spent in both Vancouver and Los Angeles.

I'd be happy to chat with anyone interested either of the three countries. I can also prospectively help with anyone dealing with homesickness, culture shock, job prospects, making friends, real estate, etc.

I can't help with visa issues - no clue there. But can give some good insider tips on Vancouver or Perth, from my experiences so far...

I've come by these forums plenty before and decided to join...

So hello! Or G'day!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian in Perth - Saying hi! Can helpfully answer any questions...

thants so kind of you and is exactly what this forum is about.
You will have to go into each dedicated country forum and introduce yourself there and see what the chatter is and how you can contribute.

have fun
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:40 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian in Perth - Saying hi! Can helpfully answer any questions...

Welcome, welcome. So pleased to have you onboard!

I hope you love being part of our little community and if you get stuck on anything on the site please do not hesitate to give me a shout!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:11 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum . I'm sure you'll be made to feel at home in both the Aus and the Canada forums. Happy posting.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Love_Vancouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone! It seems like a great forum you have set up here!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 7:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Love_Vancouver
Thanks everyone! It seems like a great forum you have set up here!
Hi there LV. I'm also Canadian living in Perth. About 20 years or so ago my husband and I lived in the Mt Seymour area of the north shore before moving to Lions Bay then back to Ontario once the kids were born. We've been here in WA for just over 7 years now. If you're looking to meet up with someone with a familiar accent I work in the city and live in the northern suburbs.