Reload this Page >

Canada calling

Canada calling

Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Alliejohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Canada calling

Hi!

My husband & i are hoping to Immigrate to Canada asap with our 16month old son.

I am a Canadian Citizen & hold dual nationality with the UK. My husband is Scottish & im not too sure what we need to do in relation to getting him ok fir going.

He is currently a police officer & is keen to pursue similar career in Canada!

We are looking to move to Alberta (Edmonton) or BC near Vancouver, hubby is a keen kayaker & mountain biker so would like to position ourselves near facilities for both!

Allie
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:52 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada calling

Originally Posted by Alliejohn
Hi!

I am a Canadian Citizen & hold dual nationality with the UK. My husband is Scottish & im not too sure what we need to do in relation to getting him ok fir going.

We are looking to move to Alberta (Edmonton) or BC near Vancouver, hubby is a keen kayaker & mountain biker so would like to position ourselves near facilities for both!

Allie
Hi Allie and welcome to the forum.

I can see that you have found your way about and that you are getting some answers too. All good. so I'll leave you to it.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

I see you've found the Immigration section of the Canada forum and are in good hands with the great people that frequent it.

I sponsored my husband from the UK (Scotland) years go & wish you well with your application.

Oggy
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Allie and a warm to the forum. All the best with your plans.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:34 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Allie
Hi Allie

We moved to Alberta a few years ago. My husband too was a Police Officer in the UK and still works as Police Officer over here now.

I wish you all the best with your plans!
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Hi Allie and welcome to the forum.

I can see that you have found your way about and that you are getting some answers too. All good. so I'll leave you to it.

Enjoy B.E.
Thank you, I am pleased to have found such a supportive and invaluable resource!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
I see you've found the Immigration section of the Canada forum and are in good hands with the great people that frequent it.

I sponsored my husband from the UK (Scotland) years go & wish you well with your application.

Oggy
Thanks Oggy, I thought I could sponsor him btu was struggling to navigate the CIC site! Baby brain has taken over for the last wee while and it makes my processing skills slightly muted!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheThornes
Hi Allie

We moved to Alberta a few years ago. My husband too was a Police Officer in the UK and still works as Police Officer over here now.

I wish you all the best with your plans!
Thank you for your response. How easy was it for him to apply etc once in canada? Was it a lengthy process? Sorry for all the questions but we are keen to make a decision between BC & AB and if it was easier for John to get into one of the forces then we would probably relocate to that area.

Allie
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:24 am
Just Joined

:
Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Allie and a warm to the forum. All the best with your plans.
Thank you for the warm welcome. It's nice to be on a forum where everyone is so welcoming and supportive!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:11 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response. How easy was it for him to apply etc once in canada? Was it a lengthy process? Sorry for all the questions but we are keen to make a decision between BC & AB and if it was easier for John to get into one of the forces then we would probably relocate to that area.

Allie
Hi Allie

For my husband the process was pretty easy but things were different when we came across four years ago. I've sent you a private message explaining our story and please feel free to contact me if I can help out with anything else.