Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

British couple moving to USA

British couple moving to USA

Old Aug 20th 2012, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Beardysteve has a spectacular aura aboutBeardysteve has a spectacular aura aboutBeardysteve has a spectacular aura about
Default British couple moving to USA

Hi.

Congratulations on a great forum, I can already tell that there is a vast amount of useful information here..! We are going to enjoy the US discussions immensely...!

My wife and I are planning to relocate to the US in about 9-10 months and are currently saving hard. She has duel citizenship and I am going to apply for a Green Card. The plan is to save as much money as we can so we can spend some time travelling when we arrive. We are going to head to Virginia first as my wife has family there and we can stay with them while we sort out transport etc. We cannot wait to get there...!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British couple moving to USA

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move!

Sounds like a fun plan
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Beardysteve has a spectacular aura aboutBeardysteve has a spectacular aura aboutBeardysteve has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE and good luck with the move!

Sounds like a fun plan
Thanks Bob....!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:24 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Beardysteve and a big welcome to BE. Have you browsed thru the USA forum? Look for it under the tab "Forum Index" on the top left corner of this page. You could post all your queries there and be sure to get responses from members. Moderator/s name/s are at the bottom of each Forum page, shd you need to contact them.

Best wishes for your future plans, sounds exciting

Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
Hello Beardysteve and a big welcome to BE. Have you browsed thru the USA forum? Look for it under the tab "Forum Index" on the top left corner of this page. You could post all your queries there and be sure to get responses from members. Moderator/s name/s are at the bottom of each Forum page, shd you need to contact them.

Best wishes for your future plans, sounds exciting

Cheers
Awesome, thank you...!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beardysteve
Hi.

Congratulations on a great forum, I can already tell that there is a vast amount of useful information here..! We are going to enjoy the US discussions immensely...!

My wife and I are planning to relocate to the US in about 9-10 months and are currently saving hard. She has duel citizenship and I am going to apply for a Green Card. The plan is to save as much money as we can so we can spend some time travelling when we arrive. We are going to head to Virginia first as my wife has family there and we can stay with them while we sort out transport etc. We cannot wait to get there...!
Welcome to BE

We've got loads of members in the same boat as you, so you are amongst kindred spirits here

If you get stuck on anything on the site please give myself a moderator or concierge a shout, there is normally always someone around 24/7
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 21st 2012, 3:32 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy. Welcome to the US in advance! May you never meet idiots

Pete
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
Howdy. Welcome to the US in advance! May you never meet idiots

Pete
Haha, thanks everybody for the good wishes..! Pete, it may be a little late for that but thanks anyway...! Never been to Ohio but its on my list....!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:43 pm
LanCo Brit

man-o-kent is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome! I'm very new to this forum too, but I've been living in the US for a number of years now (originally from Kent, England). I got married in Virginia, it's a beautiful place (mostly!)
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:26 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Man O Kent, welcome to you too on BE. You could explore the USA forum here http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57 and share your experiences for benefit of other members

Cheers
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by babygirl265
Your plan sounds very great. Wish I were you, traveling to the US. Have a nice time in the US. Good luck to both of you!^^
Cheers..! I'll keep the forum up to date with our progress...! Need to download the forms from the immigration website etc...