Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

A Brit in the desert!

A Brit in the desert!

Old May 17th 2010, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

JaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really nice
Default A Brit in the desert!

Hello:
I found your site while trying to get some info about Heathrow, and decided to join the community.
I'm originally from the Isle of Wight but left there back in the 70's, travelled around a lot (often as crew on private yachts), and finally ended up in New Mexico, USA, with an American husband, and not an ocean in sight!
As my daughter is my parents only grandchild, we try to get back to England once a year, which is lovely, as I miss the green fields and rocky beaches.
I look forward to learning and sharing on this site.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Brit in the desert!

Welcome to BE!
Old May 17th 2010, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

JaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really niceJaneB is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE!
Thank you!
Old May 18th 2010, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneB
Hello:
I found your site while trying to get some info about Heathrow, and decided to join the community.
I'm originally from the Isle of Wight but left there back in the 70's, travelled around a lot (often as crew on private yachts), and finally ended up in New Mexico, USA, with an American husband, and not an ocean in sight!
As my daughter is my parents only grandchild, we try to get back to England once a year, which is lovely, as I miss the green fields and rocky beaches.
I look forward to learning and sharing on this site.
Hello Jane and welcome.

You will probably have a lot in common with our Poppygirl...her father was a captain and sailed the world on private yachts.

Why don't you take a look at our US Forums? We have a large number of expats who are living in the US...mostly because their spouses are American. Some like myself moved here because of their spouse's job...we also have many American members.

If you have any problems navigating the many BE forums please shout out...a mod or admin will be pleased to help you out.

See you in the US forums!