Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Bouncing between the UK and the US

Bouncing between the UK and the US

Old Aug 27th 2019, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

LDNSF is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Bouncing between the UK and the US

Hello everyone! I have been a long-time lurker on the USA boards. I'm a lifelong Londoner, but lived in New York from 2010-2012, and then in San Francisco from 2015-2019 (L visa then green card). We just returned home to London and I'm absolutely delighted to be back! But suspect we'll return to the US again at some point thanks to my husband's work.

We're in our thirties and have two toddler sons. I've missed the culture of London so much while living in SF and am soaking it all up while I can. We're a bit nervous that Brexit is going to give us cause to head back to the US sometime soon, we shall see. I hope not, to be honest! Trying to stay open minded though.

Anyway, after living in the US twice (once on each coast) and reading these forums for so many years, I thought it might be nice to de-lurk and perhaps join in the conversation now and then. The ins and outs of US immigration aren't my strong point, but I have my own experiences to offer about the process and certainly about living in the US as an expat. Look forward to meeting you!
Old Aug 27th 2019, 11:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bouncing between the UK and the US

Hi and Welcome to the sunshine of BE

Glad you are enjoying your return to London and soaking up your native land culture. You'll find that your experiences are relevant to the those returning to the UK to reside and those coming to the US on L visas. The Moving Back to the UK is great place to participate as are the US forums.

Shame that you didn't stick around the US until you had citizenship and will now require new visas to live and work in the US.

Again, welcome.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 7:46 pm
Banned

Magmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Bouncing between the UK and the US

hello and welcome,