Reload this Page >

Australia - renting in Sydney and dogs

Australia - renting in Sydney and dogs

Old Sep 27th 2015, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

l4urenec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia - renting in Sydney and dogs

Hello,

We are currently using our vets to manage the process from start to finish with helping our dogs get over to Australia. Unfortunately there have been some recent changes which mean that some of the quarantines are closed so it could be costing a fair bit more than usual.

I will be flying out without a job, although I am in touch with a recruiter that secured me my job in London and shouldn't have problems getting work fairly quickly in Australia in my field of work in digital marketing.

However, I am wondering what the situation is with renting in Sydney is. I can see that there are properties that do allow pets by using the pet filter on Australian websites. Can anyone recommend any estate agents? I imagine it might not be as quick as finding a place that doesn't allow dogs. What paperwork do most of them require and how easy is it to secure a place without a job? I can show proof of my bank balance and I'm happy to pay a few months rent in advance but do you think this would be OK? I know it would be dependent on the estate agent but here in the UK when renting we usually have to write our salary income etc and want to make sure I'm prepared with all the paperwork I need when I land in Australia or it's going to be an expensive few months in hotels!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 27th 2015, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Australia - renting in Sydney and dogs

Also, if anyone has any experiences with how their dogs were post-quarantine and dealing with the move/climatising that would be great.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:06 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

best place to ask these questions would be in the Australian forum

Australia - British Expats
Old Sep 28th 2015, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Oops thanks I thought that was the Australian one. Have reposted in that one - thank you.