Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

And another newbie here!

And another newbie here!

Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:50 am
Just Joined

pommie66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And another newbie here!

hi all not sure how all this works as it is my first time on a forum, yes i know it is sad but it just never seemed to bother me in the past . but know i am thinking may be it is time to venture in to new things. my family amd i have been in OZ for just over 4 years ( my wife 2 children and me) and are still finding it very hard we have no real friends but i do have all my family here parents and sister with her family but still we (my wife and i ) crave for home the UK went back 18months ago for a wedding and made a holiday of it if thats what you can call it visiting friends and and the rest of the family- both sides and although it seemed dirty, cold miserable , we were both happy, whats going on we have the weather here nice house, both got good jobs, family ETC i just don't know
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:16 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And another newbie here!

There's a lot of info on here about moving back to the UK (and considering it). I'll find some links in a minute when I get myself organised.

It's a tough one isn't it, especially if you've got lots of family and friends back in the homeland.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 9th 2011 at 10:51 am.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:20 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Okay... here's a link to the Moving back to the UK sub-forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

There's a lot of folks on there going through what you are going through. You are not alone.

Happy planning whatever you decide to do.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Pommie, I've split your post off into a new thread as you're another new newbie on here... and welcome welcome to the mad house

There's a lot of info on here about moving back to the UK (and considering it). I'll find some links in a minute when I get myself organised.

It's a tough one isn't it, especially if you've got lots of family and friends back in the homeland.
many thanks for that and thank you for the reply it s nice to know there is some one listening.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommie66
hi all not sure how all this works as it is my first time on a forum, yes i know it is sad but it just never seemed to bother me in the past . but know i am thinking may be it is time to venture in to new things. my family amd i have been in OZ for just over 4 years ( my wife 2 children and me) and are still finding it very hard we have no real friends but i do have all my family here parents and sister with her family but still we (my wife and i ) crave for home the UK went back 18months ago for a wedding and made a holiday of it if thats what you can call it visiting friends and and the rest of the family- both sides and although it seemed dirty, cold miserable , we were both happy, whats going on we have the weather here nice house, both got good jobs, family ETC i just don't know
Hi and welcome to BE.

You find lots of liked minded souls in the Moving Back To The UK Forums. The people who post in those forums are a very supportive group...most are or have been in a similar position to yourself. We've lived in the US for 15 years and still miss the UK..

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides if you need help navigating your way through the many BE forums. You can find a list of our concierge's at the bottom right hand side of this forum's index page.
Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator...you can find the mod's name at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:56 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pommie

Welcome to BE.
It must be an awful feeling to have made the move and not feel happy, especially when you have family there too, so I guess it is a difficult decision you are having to make.

I see you have been given the links to our Moving Back to the UK forum, where I am sure you will find some folks who have been in exactly the same position.
It may also be worthwhile popping onto the Australian forum where you can chat to other expats who are living nearby. You may find some whom you really click with. Also check out the 'Working abroad by profession' forum and if your profession is in there, you may find some otehr like minded ex pats.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the very best

Dread - x
Old Oct 11th 2011, 8:36 am
Just Joined

well that was a suprise many thanks to the warm welcome and to all who have replied and many thanks for the help

i will try to keep in touch as much as possible and use the info