Another hi!

Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Grega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really nice
Default Another hi!

Hi folks! I'm from the UK (Manchester), don't know whether my one week (ish) trip to France (Marseilles) in two weeks time qualifies me to be a member here but at the age of 30 I'm going abroad for my first time (and solo) and need all the help/advice I can get!!

Not including all the thousands and thousands of numbers I can say, my french isn't particularly good!

I should stop rambling on so I'll just say hi again for now

Last edited by Grega; Jul 27th 2010 at 9:38 am.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

chasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nice
Default Re: Another hi!

Hi Grega,
Couldn't resist replying as a fellow Lancastrian, (before "greater Manchester!"), and my family were all Mancunians.
You'll be fine in marseilles, very cosmopolitan place, you'll love it,
chasdav
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:09 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grega
Hi folks! I'm from the UK (Manchester), don't know whether my one week (ish) trip to France (Marseilles) in two weeks time qualifies me to be a member here but at the age of 30 I'm going abroad for my first time (and solo) and need all the help/advice I can get!!

Not including all the thousands and thousands of numbers I can say, my french isn't particularly good!

Hi! Post on the France forum for help/advice! There are loads of us ready to dispense it!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Grega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really niceGrega is just really nice

Hi chasdav & dmu...cheers for the welcome!

Yeah I'm a lancashire lad born and bred, raised in Bacup though near Burnley (there be dinosaurs in those lands!)...living and studying in Manchester is great!

thanks for the heads up dmu, I've made a post in the french forum
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there...welcome to the site.

I'm pleased to see you've managed to find your way into the France forums. If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

I hope your enjoy your time with us.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

chasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nicechasdav is just really nice

just another quickie mate,

Was a nipper in Todmorden, (i know, wrong side if the border but my Dad always told me we were spying for Lancashire), ended up growing up in Morecambe which might explain me running away to sea and eventually ending up here in Italy!

Morecambe can do that to a person.

From what I remember of Bacup mate, the only way is up!

Have a great time
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome Jerseygirl...I too hope to enjoy it here

From what I remember of Bacup mate, the only way is up!
Ha!...do you mean in the geographical sense, the civilisation sense, or both Chazdav?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

smart boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome

I am from Oman, and I want to get your friends
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:41 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Grega

Welcome to BE from me too.
I hope you have a fabulous trip to Marseilles. Glad to see you have found the French forum - ask as many things as you like and there will be plenty of good folks on there to help you.

Good luck - have fun

Dread - x