Another hello

Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Ragnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really nice
Default Another hello

I have said hello on the main board but I think I shall be located here most of the time so I thought I should say another hello. I am living in Norway (been here nearly 5 years) with my Norwegian DH and our five children. I have been thinking about returning to the UK for, let me see.... about 5 years. I am looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences and getting some friendly advice.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another hello

Welcome
Old Feb 14th 2011, 5:42 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

And a hello from me too.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Hello, welcome aboard
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:07 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from me too. I'm a homesick lurker. Have been homesick for most of the 10 years I've been out here.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Ragnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really niceRagnhild is just really nice

Thank you. Good to know I am not the only home sick one. I am contemplating a visit back home for a year just as a 'trip' to prove to myself that what I am homesick about no longer actually means anything to me.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:37 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ragnhild
Thank you. Good to know I am not the only home sick one. I am contemplating a visit back home for a year just as a 'trip' to prove to myself that what I am homesick about no longer actually means anything to me.
That's a good idea... what is that you miss specifically in the UK. When I describe the bad bits of the UK people say 'and you want to go back', so then i have to make excuses for my decision.
I've tried to pin it down about what i really miss and that i think is being around people like me and people that know me... i mean really know me.
I remember coming to Canada and absolutely loving it and many do, but when i took off the rose tinted glasses it wasn't what i thought it was and slowly i've fell out of love with the place. I miss the english houses, many Canadian houses are like show homes and not 'lived' in if you know what i mean...its all about show and front. However, underneath there is many that are struggling and its all hushed up, many have to work two jobs to make ends meet.... me included so the quality of life that i heard so much about actually wasn't what i thought it would be. I think it has to do with expectations too... we don't regret coming here and having the experience but its time to go home as there's too much there that i miss.
For you i would certainly have a trip home and figure it out.
Where abouts were you from in the UK and what was it that made you move in the first place?
Best wishes
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:02 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragnhild
Nope, you're def not alone. Welcome to Homersickers Anonymous! I'm Nicky and I'm homesick.