Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Advice about moving to the USA

Advice about moving to the USA

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

t2gwayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice about moving to the USA

I have no idea if I am posting in the correct place here, so here goes: I need to move to the USA. I am from the UK, am 22 years old. I have no specific skills. What would I need to do, to get permission to work in the USA?

Any info is valuable.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about moving to the USA

Hi t2gwayne,

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

It is extremely difficult to move to the USA. May I suggest the first thing you should do is to read the wiki, and then take time to read through the threads in our USA Imm forum. If you still have questions after you have read the wiki, and some of the threads, then by all means post your questions. I'm sure our members will be happy to share their experiences with you. But please read first and ask second, you will have a better feel for things that way.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about any of the sites bits and bobs please give me a shout.

Sue
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

t2gwayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Sue. I will have a better look later.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by t2gwayne
I have no idea if I am posting in the correct place here, so here goes: I need to move to the USA. I am from the UK, am 22 years old. I have no specific skills. What would I need to do, to get permission to work in the USA?

Any info is valuable.
Hi there,

explaining why you 'need' to move to the US will probably be one step in the direction of good answers.
See you in the immigration forums soon.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE....and good luck...though why?

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

That's a good start to your reading...