Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite family restaurant chain?
Denny`s
36.00%
Applebee`s
24.00%
Chili`s
32.00%
Sizzler`s
0%
IHOP
8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

It has to be Outback for us. We love it, the kids love it, and every time we have visitors from the UK it's the eating place they most want to go to.

We have a great one just a few minutes away from us and every time we have been, the food and the service has been great.

I'm drooling now thinking about the Alice Springs chicken and the cheesecake with raspberry sauce....mmm...
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:56 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
Lawrenceville or Union?
Where the heck is Lawrenceville?!

It's on Route 22 in Union.

I have a teenage son so I can't go to Hooters. Did you know that 'Hooters' airline flies out of Newark?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:32 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Where the heck is Lawrenceville?!

It's on Route 22 in Union.

I have a teenage son so I can't go to Hooters. Did you know that 'Hooters' airline flies out of Newark?

Yeah, "Hooters Air" what a fantastic idea I think they only fly to FL though. I can't wait for them to do the transatlantic routes!

You could take your son to Hooters, they claim to be a family resturant...I bet he doesn't leave the table to use the bathroom all night either...and I'll wager that he drops a few things off the table 'by accident' so that the waitress has to pick them up.

Union huh...we spent a couple of weeks in Westfield house sitting last December...nice area, great town.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:35 pm
Brit'n'TX

You could take your son to Hooters, they claim to be a family resturant...I bet he doesn't leave the table to use the bathroom all night either...
you might just find he needs to make frequent visits to the bathroom ...

Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:18 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
<<snip>> Did you know that 'Hooters' airline flies out of Newark?
Is that the airline where the female flight attendants have built in airbags ?

NC Penguin
Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:38 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Anyone here have an Outback near them back in England?

Theres one in Birmingham, been there nearly a year now.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:19 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, "Hooters Air" what a fantastic idea I think they only fly to FL though. I can't wait for them to do the transatlantic routes!

You could take your son to Hooters, they claim to be a family resturant...I bet he doesn't leave the table to use the bathroom all night either...and I'll wager that he drops a few things off the table 'by accident' so that the waitress has to pick them up.

Union huh...we spent a couple of weeks in Westfield house sitting last December...nice area, great town.

This is exactly why I reckon my son says to me that I can't go to Hooters....I guess having his mum around is going to be a bit of a passion-killer for him LOL!!!! He is the proud owner of a Hooters T shirt and picture playing cards though. It's really horrible to think that one's offspring has sexual desires but his dad is proud of him.

Chris; I don't live in Union (thank goodness) but it's about a 10 minute drive. I do like Westfield which is a tad similar to the suburb where we live - and I especially like going to Trader Joe's there as they have an alcohol section. Last time I was there a really nice English guy was working part-time there; he had been made redundant from his job as a Wall St trader but didn't mind working at TJ's as he said they had great health insurance. What's happening about your moving plans?

Now, apparently Hooters Air seems to be appealing almost exclusively to the male community by promoting golf weekends - in fact I overheard a woman today at aerobics saying that they're flying off with Hooters Air as she's accompanying her spouse on a golfing trip but she seems to think she will be the only female passenger!

Here's their website:

http://www.hootersair.com

http://www.hootersair.com/about/advantages/ (I especially love the remark about "Real Food on every flight". Maybe they can teach Delta a lesson....)

Waxwabbit: There's an Outback restaurant a couple of miles along the same route as Hooters. The place is a nightmare....you can't make a reservation and the place is heaving at the weekends. I have a number of Aussie expat friends here and they say thatthe food resembles little of the sort of food that they eat Down Under. Just as well that they don't offer Moreton Bay Bugs in the Outback restaurants....it's crayfish really, but when I was in Oz the name put me right off.